Discuss 2391 inspection and inspection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

novolts

Join Date Sep 2010 Posts 6 Thanks 0 Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: 2391 Inspection and Testing Course[/h]
Hi Guys
Need advice please I am a 54 year old maintenance electrician I passed my practical exam but failed the written part I am thinking of giving the written exam another go.I was on the web looking for additional training resources and came across a company advertising a CD it was £44 as a download or £55 to purchase the CD has anyone used a cd like this before & are they any good ?
Thank you
novolts​

There was one kicking around my group when I sat the exam last year. They're probably all different from each other, but I didn't find it too helpful - a jumble of info and past papers spanning several years, some of it quite out-of-date and overall I think it just confused things for everyone. There are plenty of relatively recent past papers, and I found that by gathering those and going through them methodically I felt much more focused and confident, and I'm sure it helped me pass. I think with a quick search of these forums (or a google search of course) you could find some papers to download, and you save £44!

Just my opinion, of course. If these companies are legit then perhaps they'll be offering a decent learning resource... maybe worth asking for a sample file or two before buying, or seeing what's included on the CD?

Join Date Sep 2010 Posts 6 Thanks 0 Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
icon1.png
Re: 2391 Inspection and Testing Course

Hi Guys
Need advice please I am a 54 year old maintenance electrician I passed my practical exam but failed the written part I am thinking of giving the written exam another go.I was on the web looking for additional training resources and came across a company advertising a CD it was £44 as a download or £55 to purchase the CD has anyone used a cd like this before & are they any good ?
Thank you
novolts​

I would suggest not wasting your money on a disc that won't explain or interpret the exam, just give you yes and no.

All the guys on here are a priceless resource.

It's been proven before.

Have you got the Inspection & Testing book by Chris Kitcher? I found that to be very helpful

Is that "2391 exam success"? I had that and can recommend it as a useful, if brief, revision guide. 2 papers to sit and a breakdown of the exam, although obviously you already know the layout! Could probably find a cheap second hand copy now as the course is changing.

I thought the book simplified it quite alot and bearing in mind he has already had a go at it he should understand the terminology really

Have a look at this post Yes its long but I am sure it will start you thinking.

An Awful Feeling This An Awful Feeling This

If you come across anything you are unsure of just ask and you will be surprized at the amount of help that you will receive.

Good luck with the revision !!!

Last edited:
Try getting hold of past papers, as some questions come again. This will also get you use to there wording of questions. Gn3 is a must and the Exam success book is good. The book by Kitcher is good but there is mistakes in the questions in the back. There is some training papers by Brittania training which was aslo good on one of the other threads.

theres a lot of `past papers training aid` for the 2391 kicking about on ebay...claiming to be up to the 17th edition.....it aint.....bought one of these mysen a while back.....was still refering to EEBADS

Reply to 2391 inspection and inspection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net