Discuss 2391 testing course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dazsmith

Hi Guys, im currently looking at doing the 2391 testing and inspection course. I know its a difficult course and i haven't got any testing experience, but do people feel it is possible to pass if proper studying is done. And why is it much cheaper up north? Course im looking (uxbridge college) is near on £800!!!

Thanks
Darren

anything is possible if you put the time in, but i dont think i would have done mine without any real experience of testing :eek:

if you are confident with a meter then go for it :)

definitely pays to shop around too, i paid 425 about 3 years ago in essex

Last edited:
I'd do the 2392 first if I was you that's what I did, it eases you into the whole mind set of Inspection and Testing the 2392 is no breeze either trust me, perhaps you may feel your paying for two courses but you wont regret it.

ATB Steve

5 days consecutive for £475 at a training centre in Ascot, Berkshire.

If you feel confident in yourself without any previous testing experience then good luck to you. :)

you get out what you put in mate. if you feel confident and can pick up the testing side. try to tag along with someone who is doing testing and pick their brains. good luck with it.

There was some guys at my college studying the 2391 with me in june , they were doing the 2330 at Uxbridge and were not willing to pay the 800 quid for the 2391 there so they came up to Luton every saturday for 7 weeks, central beds college. The 2391 is 230 pound and 125 if on benefits.

i haven't got any testing experience, but do people feel it is possible to pass if proper studying is done

I havent worked as an electrician yet, only as a electrical labourer between 2005-2007 and i studyied hard for 3 months and found out i passed on friday. I was also taking the 2330 level 3 at the same time. Central beds college is a good place to do it, the teacher has been working in the trade for 50 years and he has a high pass rate.

Hi,doe's anyone know where I can retake the 2391 paper without having to shell out for expensive revision classes?

Ta.

Forget the 2382.... If you really get your head into the books you will do it. Some people just take to the testing like ducks to water others really struggle. I passed first time.... I wasn't confident so it made me more hungry to succeed. I paid £420 from my local college. Don't go with a training scheme go with a college.

Testing is where the money is these days and to be seen as a tester you need the 2391. End of story

Hi Everyone,
After nearly 20 years as an industrial electrician I am now unemployed and looking to get my qualifications up to date. I'm already booked on a 16th - 17th edition update course but I'm not sure whether I'll have to do my 2391 again? Any help will be most appreciated.
Sparkych65

Hi Everyone,
After nearly 20 years as an industrial electrician I am now unemployed and looking to get my qualifications up to date. I'm already booked on a 16th - 17th edition update course but I'm not sure whether I'll have to do my 2391 again? Any help will be most appreciated.
Sparkych65

No 2391 sticks with you mate....as far as I am aware anyway. No doubt they will bring out an update to that aswell everytime the editions come out.

Thanks, is that even though the 2391 was 16th edition based?

Yes, I don't think any of the testing side of things has changed. Its unlikely too either unless new equipment comes in. I thought this myself but was told it stays with you throughout editions.

Thanks, thats reassuring as the 2391 courses are about 3 times the price of the 17th edition updater ! But as you say the tests surely couldn't change unless they add something new. They could change the permitted results I suppose, maybe??!

Yep you've got it. Because all the relevant maximum permissible figures are in the regs you only have to up date to the current regs and therefore complying with the new maximums when testing.

Reply to 2391 testing course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock