Discuss 2394/2395 C & G and EAL in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jacko

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve passed my 2394 initial Verification with City & Guilds and have the certificate. My new company has just enrolled me on the EAL 4337/4338 which is basically the C & G 2394/2395 combined course.

I am on holiday when I’m due to sit the 4337 theory exam SO

If I ‘fail’ the 4337 because I don’t sit it, then I pass my practical and theory for the 4338 will that be ok? I will then hold certificates for City and Guilds initial verification and EAL Periodic inspection.

Is that recognised?

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve passed my 2394 initial Verification with City & Guilds and have the certificate. My new company has just enrolled me on the EAL 4337/4338 which is basically the C & G 2394/2395 combined course.

I am on holiday when I’m due to sit the 4337 theory exam SO

If I ‘fail’ the 4337 because I don’t sit it, then I pass my practical and theory for the 4338 will that be ok? I will then hold certificates for City and Guilds initial verification and EAL Periodic inspection.

Is that recognised?

Thanks
Not sure, but I would have thought that it would have been prudent to have arranged your holidays around the exam schedule.

Difficult to do that when the holidays were booked before the exam. Mistake by the company which they fully accept and are willing to cover the resit costs if I need to do it again..... but thanks for the comment!

Difficult to do that when the holidays were booked before the exam. Mistake by the company which they fully accept and are willing to cover the resit costs if I need to do it again..... but thanks for the comment!
OK Jacko thanks for the update, good luck.

I am already booked on to and paid for the EAL course.

As the qualifications are separate I think having one of each won’t matter?

Does anyone know if I’m right please?

I am already booked on to and paid for the EAL course.

As the qualifications are separate I think having one of each won’t matter?

Does anyone know if I’m right please?
Don't think it matters what you have qual wise these days

I can't keep up with all these changes and now different exam providers.Once the country had a recognised structured set of exams that being overseen by the C & G maybe someone can enlighten me what we have now?

With the city and guilds on the now old 2394/2395 you could sit one exam that would carry forward and cover you for the 2395 if doing separate.
Not sure how it works with the new courses.
personally i dont see the issue with having initial from city and guilds and periodic from eal, afterall they are meant to be accredited to the same standard on the national framework.

With the city and guilds on the now old 2394/2395 you could sit one exam that would carry forward and cover you for the 2395 if doing separate.
Not sure how it works with the new courses.
personally i dont see the issue with having initial from city and guilds and periodic from eal, afterall they are meant to be accredited to the same standard on the national framework.
We had the 2391 that changed into two parts 2394/95 what do we have now then?

The awarding bodies blame the industry. It change from the 2391-10 to 2394 & 2395 because it was claimed that those that past the 2391-10 could not do periodic reports. Now it's claimed that the industry associate the number 2391 as the exam number for inspection & testing so hense the number change back. However a new combined course was added. So now its
2391-50 = initial verification (replacement 2394)
2391-51 = periodic inspection and testing (replacement 2395)
2391-52 =combined initial and periodic inspection & testing (the original 2391-10)

The awarding bodies blame the industry. It change from the 2391-10 to 2394 & 2395 because it was claimed that those that past the 2391-10 could not do periodic reports. Now it's claimed that the industry associate the number 2391 as the exam number for inspection & testing so hense the number change back. However a new combined course was added. So now its
2391-50 = initial verification (replacement 2394)
2391-51 = periodic inspection and testing (replacement 2395)
2391-52 =combined initial and periodic inspection & testing (the original 2391-10)
If what you say are factual, and I'm not disputing
your post in any way.
Having done the C&G 2391 way back when it meant something, I find it very disheartening, more is it a money making issueby the trainers/IET and the scams, in my opinion, yes it is, after all Testing and Inspection is what it is, whether it is intitial or periodic, you don't use different test equipment, still I suppose it has something to do with the way Electricians/DIs or whatever are trained, imagine I've done a course on Initial verification, but can't do EICRs until I've spent more money attending another course which in effect, will be much of the same. Now that's a big SCAM in my books, got the vino ready and await all the cries of derision heading my way, like water off a Ducks back. Note to oneself wish I had a job with the IET to manufacture more ways of conning Electricians out of hundreds of pounds, rant well and truly over:mad::eek::rolleyes:

I just hope that if going down the one exam course route what is taught is equal to that of the two parts put together so that whatever route is taken the cost and knowledge at the other end is as equal.

I just hope that if going down the one exam course route what is taught is equal to that of the two parts put together so that whatever route is taken the cost and knowledge at the other end is as equal.
So why don't they leave it as was? oh I know more money to be made.

I've done the 2391-52 and to me it made sense to do it all in one for cost and outcome. There are different exams and practicals but you do them sequentially at the end of the course.

Reply to 2394/2395 C & G and EAL in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock