• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss 2394/2395 in Scotland in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Does anybody know of anywhere I can study/take assessments for C & G 2394 and 2395 in Scotland? I'm having a bit of a job finding somewhere. Would prefer an independent provider as I suspect colleges will only deal with apprentices and former apprentices. I would be happy to study at home and just take assessments at a center if that's possible.

Well you can get the 2395 for free through unite the union. They run the course over 7-8 Saturdays at west of Scotland college in paisley. This is only open to unite members Glasgow branch. Other than that any local tech college will be doing these courses expect near enough £1000 for both courses or about £600 if you do them single.

Well you can get the 2395 for free through unite the union. They run the course over 7-8 Saturdays at west of Scotland college in paisley. This is only open to unite members Glasgow branch. Other than that any local tech college will be doing these courses expect near enough £1000 for both courses or about £600 if you do them single.

Thanks very much. I'm not a Unite member and probably not eligible as I'm self employed, so I will probably contact some colleges next week.

Thanks very much. I'm not a Unite member and probably not eligible as I'm self employed, so I will probably contact some colleges next week.

It is available to ANY glasgow branch unite member mate. Self employed/unemployed/employed. It is one of the good things the unite union can do...but they wont do it at other branches as the members need to push the local unite eductaion officer into setting it all up - Shame as their is plenty EU funding to go round for this type of stuff. They also do free C&G 2382 as well as reduced rate for the cscs card. The union is not just for cards in people - it is time people knew that and got involved in their local branches....the union is what we make it and it can when pushed improve stuff for the worker - self employed or employed.

Reply to 2394/2395 in Scotland in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back