Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, woud you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss 2394/2395 reverting back to 2391 ?? in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Mark197W

Mark197W New EF Member

Hi,

I am just wondering if the 2394/2395 course is changing back to the 2391 ?

I have the Exam success, inspection and testing 2391-10 book and am doing my inspection and testing in may. Wondering if i can revise using this or is it worth me buying a more up to date book ? Any suggestions if so...

Thanks

2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Electrician's Arms

do you know what I can not keep up with it neither. its going back to
    2391 the city & guilds cant make the mind up. use what you have got
    still the same.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Regular EF Member

its now 2391 50/51/52 and not 2391-10

2391-50 is the 2394 equivalent
    2391-51 is the 2395 equivalent
    2391-52 is the 2394/95 combined equivalent.

Sure a lot of the essentials will be in the old 2391 books but i suspect City and Guilds have purposefully changed things enough to make you buy new books to make a few more pennies for the chief executives xmas bonus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Mark197W

Mark197W New EF Member

Cheers for clearing that up.

Any idea how many exams are involved between the 3 ? Or is it just one written & one practical as the 2391-10 was ?

5. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Electrician's Arms

has you said .

6. Gavin John Hyde

with the new city and guilds 2391 they have done away with the long written exam, to in effect compete with the eal exams.
    its now open book on the computer multi choice find the answer job, and you do a written book of assignments during course with the tutor, then the practical is still pretty much the same from what i have picked up from mates who have just done it.
    if you have a look at this link it explains it a bit better, the qualification is well worth the investment though. i have my 2394 but held off the 2395 as it was changing to 2391 series
    City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course - https://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/courses/2391-inspection-and-testing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sevuk

sevuk Regular EF Member

I'm doing the new 2391 now.

There's an online exam and a practical.
    I think they said there is a 4 question written test with the practical, but I only just started today.

8. Gavin John Hyde

Well feed back to the forum as your experiences might be helpful to people unsure about the new courses

• Like Like x 2