Discuss 2394/2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparky_Ben

looking into the above course for the replacement of the 2391.
i have come across the course 2394 for initial verification and the 2395 testing and inspection course, which is the one thats needed?

thanks

You will need the 2394 for signing off additional/extended circuits etc.

You'll need the 2395 for carrying out EICR's.

if i had to pick one , it would be the 2395 for periodics.
more useful & will gain more work from it in my opinion.

edit ; i'd pick 2395 if i already had experience as an electrician
but 2394 if i was new to the game.

seems a scam doesnt it? guess there is no way out of it anyway, has to be done.
the boss isnt gonna like the sound of this, priced with trade skills the do both as a package nearly £1000

2395 is seen as the direct replacement for 2391, but i beg to differ. I would advise doing both 2394 and 2395. I was delivering both in one course for £800 all in, including new GN3. But i have moved to another provider, we will be doing something similar early next year.

Cheers............Howard

- - - Updated - - -

my 2391 cost just £275..............
in 1998.
:-D

Mine was free courtesy of her majesties redundancy service:44:

Have looked into doing 2394 / 2395 but according to City & Guilds website it states the last registration date: 31/08/2014 for both of these qualifications, so are they to be changed again .

Have looked into doing 2394 / 2395 but according to City & Guilds website it states the last registration date: 31/08/2014 for both of these qualifications, so are they to be changed again .

No.

That's when their co-ordination with the QCF requirements dictated by NoS will be re-reviewed and it is likely that the unit no.s will change, that is all.

they are changing a lot of different courses, had a look at a college up here (Glasgow) and its £275.00 each but if you don't earn much and are skint you can claim an ILA (Individual Learning Allowance) account and get £200.00 off of the lot....so £350.00, and if unemployed I think its only £250.00 for 2 courses.....they are both 3 day events with food and drink at tea breaks thrown in as well as a copy of guides, have to wait 2 weeks to do first exam then go back after another week again to do second exam....so takes a week for course 1 to run-Monday to Wednesday, the next week for course 2 to run Monday to Wednesday, then 2 weeks later on a Thursday night for Exam 1, followed a week later on the next Thursday by Exam 2.....you get a print out with a code on it and phone the office the next day to get told if passed...

5 weeks all in from setting foot in college to getting C&G ticket in the mail...

...deleted quote as it forbade me to post it...

Ooh could you PM me details of this? If you CAN PM me, I have no idea how this works. It would be worth getting to Glasgow for. I've seen a course in London that's fairly cheap but it's 12 weeks starting in the new year, I can't wait that long...

hello im wondering if anyone can help me prepare for the inspecting and testing 2394/2395. i know people say just read the GN3 but there is alot of information in there that isn't really worded to make things simpler to understand. Need to know if there's any better books out there, the best way to revise for these tests and if anyone's got any tips or past paper questions so i can prepare myself. thanks alot.

hello im wondering if anyone can help me prepare for the inspecting and testing 2394/2395. i know people say just read the GN3 but there is alot of information in there that isn't really worded to make things simpler to understand. Need to know if there's any better books out there, the best way to revise for these tests and if anyone's got any tips or past paper questions so i can prepare myself. thanks alot.

Without being rude mr.spark, the GN3 isn't worded bad at all...if you're struggling with this, an educated guess would be (and correct me if im wrong) that you don't do much testing work and your boss is putting you on the course against your will ? or you're trying to sit an exam that you're not capable of sitting at the moment....? (end of that sounds harsh, i'm not suggesting incompetence, just lack of experience towards testing)

Seriouslly the best way is Guidance Notes 3 - read it everynight for the next few months, then sit the 2394/95. It seems alot, but if you're reading it regular and have a basic understanding of testing it will sink in eventually.

They are some videos on youtube, and although im not a fan of testing videos on youtube - if you're a spark, which i presume you are then i see no problem - the learning lounge one's are the best although the 2 guy's sense of humor has alot to be said of...

I'm pretty sure you can ring the ECA / NIC up and they'll send you past papers at no expense (providing ure a member of course)

Have a willingness to learn, reading the GN3 religiouslly and not being afraid to ask questions in the course classes / on this forum are the best tips i can give to be honest.

Good luck on the exam(s), Mark.

hiya mate, when a friend of mine done her 2391 she done the course with a friend and between them they worked out what it all meant. is there no one at work who you could do the course with (revision etc) ? maybe someone older than yourself. if not , im up for doing my course

Anyone ever downloaded this exam simulator for £20? I heard the online exam is quite east to pass so not sure if it's worth £20.

City & Guilds 2394 and 2395 Inspection and Testing Exam | ElectaCourse

I used their 17th edition exam simulator a couple of years ago and that was very good. It was just like the real 17th edition exam so was good for practicing exam technique. I did find quite a few errors in their course notes though, some quite serious, but they were still useful. I also found an error in their exam simulator, the question was something like what colour is used to identify a functional earth conductor, cream was one of the options but wasn't the correct answer (I think it should have been). Other than that one error I couldn't fault it.

Reply to 2394/2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock