Discuss 2394/95 this week in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

richard7467

Anybody taking the 2394/95 Tuesday and Wednesday? if so where have you concentrated your revision? I've tried to cover over the whole spectrum but feel that I maybe glossing over some points. I do know that a banker question(so ive been told) will be to explain with the aid of a diagram the earth fault loop on a given scenario and explain the faults on particular set of example results.

I'm doing 2395 also this week. I,m told that it would be good to know re diagram etc how to test an earth electrode using 2 additional electrodes (spikes).

I agree with you !00% but it has been drummed into us that we must know how to do it the harder way.
I bet I don't get asked it now! Most probably get something I haven't revised throughly.

well have a quick look at method 2 and if asked you cannot lose marks for drawing it as it is a recognised method.
I always have to double check the spikes.

Anybody taking the 2394/95 Tuesday and Wednesday? if so where have you concentrated your revision? I've tried to cover over the whole spectrum but feel that I maybe glossing over some points. I do know that a banker question(so ive been told) will be to explain with the aid of a diagram the earth fault loop on a given scenario and explain the faults on particular set of example results.

I sat both these exams last year and on the 2394 there was the earth fault loop path question and on the 2395 there was the earth electrode testing using the temporary spikes.So if can draw, label and describe both then you're on your way! :smiley2:
Btw fwiw 2391 seemed harder in comparison!
Good Luck!

I sat both these exams last year and on the 2394 there was the earth fault loop path question and on the 2395 there was the earth electrode testing using the temporary spikes.So if can draw, label and describe both then you're on your way! :smiley2:
Btw fwiw 2391 seemed harder in comparison!
Good Luck!

Cheers all for your inputs....hate exams really trying to remember all when in reality if you had doubts the BGB would come out revising like mad seems C and G love TT systems guess there is a lot of grey areas with TT that governing bodies want to mop up maybe.

good luck mate.....been trying to revise earth electrode testing from GN3 Getting it from my head to the end of my pen and onto paper is sometimes a struggle! so I used youtube good simple explanation on there using temp electrodes

Got My 2395 Tuesday. Been drummed into us need to know all elz path diagrams. Also TT rode test method one. Volt drop is a possible to. Hope this helps.

Alot of questions on Initial verification, No Earth fault path on lighting circuit drawing which i was ****ed off about, 11 pointer for explaining Insulation Resistance test, some chap on the same course did the 2395 the night before and said it was easy, everybody walked out the 2394 exam saying that it was hard.
Also Exam is only 1hr 30 mins which to me seems to short unless you can answer every question without thinking, you use to get more time in the 2391 but seems to be same amount of questions involed.

Reply to 2394/95 this week in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock