Discuss 2394 help/advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You need to know gn3 inside out and be able to draw earth fault paths all the way along the circuit. Also I had to draw, label and explain earth electrode test. It's not to bad though pal with good preparation and revision, try to complete old papers in exam conditions, I find that was a good way to get a feel for the time it takes to complete a paper with full answers.

good luck!

Bit more helpful get the city and guilds exam success not sure if there is one specifically for 2394 yet but I had the 2391 version it has 2 past papers within Q and answers that is good book as when we did course the past papers we received were pretty ancient and wording was different and industry wording had alterd and just incorrect wording could cost you dearly
So a pretty current exam success would be a good purchase for you

Go to the C&G website, download the examiners reports from past exams, then study them carefully. You will see after reading a few the same things come up time and time again, where candidates lose marks, that you can avoid losing.

For example (as already mentioned) being able to draw the earth fault diagram for TT, TN-S and TN-C-S systems, knowing the correct names (per GN3) for the various test instruments (even if what you write down is reasonable, if you don't get it correct, it loses you marks).

When reading GN3 remember that the 2394 will not cover any part of the periodic inspection as this is for the 2395 only. Therefore concentrate your learning on the initial inspection and testing section.
Remember which documents are used for which purpose, also revise who is responsible for various aspects of the installation, e.g. owner, competent person, inspector, installer, etc.

I agree with all that's been said. You only get an hour and a half to do the exam and it will be over before you know it, try not to spend too much time getting bogged down with one question or you may run out of time. I went through the paper quickly and answered the ones I knew straight away which left me with a bit more time to do the more tricky ones.
Good luck

Reply to 2394 help/advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net