Discuss 2394 help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

imranayaz

does anybody know the answer to, " state the three steps taken when a correctly carried insulation resistance test produces unsatisfactory results. & IP for a lighting switch 1.2m from the edge of the bath? & does a initial verification require an safe isolation\?

Yep I can help. If you're on a training course you should qualify for access to our dedicated Trainee Forum which is free and is run voluntarily by guys solely to assist learners and apprentices.

Check out this thread and if you do the necessary I'll be able to give you access and I'll also be able to move this thread into there where it will get better replies and help.

i have registered my details, please have a look at them and also can you move this thread into that forum.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I've checked your application. Are you still on a training course now? Please reply on you application thread. Thanks.

does anybody know the answer to, " state the three steps taken when a correctly carried insulation resistance test produces unsatisfactory results. & IP for a lighting switch 1.2m from the edge of the bath? & does a initial verification require an safe isolation\?

1. 1.ask to see the design criteria.
2. Confirm with the designer that the result is intended.
3. if you can't do 1 or 2, then apply the requirements of BS7671.
This is a stock answer to any 2394 question about out of spec test results.

2. Off the top of my head IP44, but would need to check in regs.

3. No. (At Initial Verification the circuit/installation/addition/alteration must be dead tested before live testing, and should not have been energised prior to this.)

Cheers..............Howard

Reply to 2394 help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net