Discuss 2394 help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all, I though id post this here as well as there's not many people on the trainee section at the moment

I'm covering some 2394 questions and some of the questions are

1-state what would be verified when inspecting for basic and fault protection provided by selv?

2- State what would be verified when inspecting for electrical separation provided for one item of equipment ?

3-State what would be verified when inspecting for basic protection provided by barriers within an enclosure?

Sparkie30 said Look at pages 19, 20,22, so as the question says inspecting am I close with these.

1 -To verify it has an isolating transformer to BSEN 61558-2-6
( the other answers would be verified when testing)

2 - Basic protection is provided by insulation of live parts or by barriers or enclosures

3 - To verify that insulation has not been damaged during installation and enclosures have been selected for at least IPXXB or IP2X

Another one

Describe 3 types of wiring system that are permitted outside of the prescribed zones, when buried 30mm deep in a wall?

I dont know if its the way their worded but Iv gone completely brain dead and cant get an answer. Has anyone got an answer for me. Thanks

Describe 3 types of wiring system that are permitted outside of the prescribed zones, when buried 30mm deep in a wall?

I dont know if its the way their worded but Iv gone completely brain dead and cant get an answer. Has anyone got an answer for me. Thanks

Think about cables buried in a wall. What are the prescribed zones? The OSG will help. There is a clause that allows cables to be installed outside of the prescribed zones. This should answer your question.

1 -To verify it has an isolating transformer to BSEN 61558-2-6
( the other answers would be verified when testing)

2 - Basic protection is provided by insulation of live parts or by barriers or enclosures

3 - To verify that insulation has not been damaged during installation and enclosures have been selected for at least IPXXB or IP2X

I would agree with your answers to 1, 2 & 3

Reply to 2394 help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net