Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss 24V contact(component) that switches 230V in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Josef Račanský

Josef Račanský New EF Member

Hi there everyone,

I'm pretty much electrical noob so long story short- I would like to know, if there is a component that is powered by 24V and it sets (contact) 230V on and off.
    For example: I have a motor that needs 230V and this 24V component is connected between power supply and motor. I power up this component with 24V it sets the route (turns on like a contact) between power supply and motor (meaning 230 V will run through that 24V component) and motor starts running. When I turn it off (24V component) motor will turn off.

Hopefully my explanation was is ok.
    Could You please give me advice?

Thank You Very much

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

You need a relay with a 24v switching coil, this will switch the 230v provided the contacts are suitably rated. The contact rating will be based on your 230v load.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DefyG

DefyG Regular EF Member

Agree with Westward but why 24v control circuit?

4. Yozza19

Yozza19 Active EF Member

C tec polarised relay will do the job relay on a plate