Discuss 2core swa, not earth load end.. TT in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

To the op I don't know the task you are undertaking but the EFLI or R1+R2 for the circuit from the house will be between the line conductor and armour of the cable which has been rendered inaccessible. This is the fault path for said circuit and has nothing to do with the TT arrangement. Whatever you are doing you will have to note the reading as Not Verified with the reasons.

He is trying to verify earth continuity to the armour of the cable which is not accessible as it is contained within pvc conduit to isolate it from the TT, this earth continuity is applicable to the circuit from the house and nothing to do with the TT.

Spot on.

Appoligise to everyone else for confusion.

Pete, duly noted.

The swa has been stripped back and the 2 cores run inside pvc conduit.

I did a board change after the customer had an EICR report conducted. This wasn't highlighted and only became apparent when I begun testing after the new consumer unit was installed.

Thanks,

I have put LIM in the box and noted on the EIC.

They also pulled 2 strands from the other swa (another circuit) and connector blocked it and used as the cpc :/ no idea why they never glanded properly.

Wilko has interpreted what I was getting at lol
Exactly as Wilko said ,don't know regarding the position of the RCD however you will need loop reading /Ze +(R1+R2) to determine that the protective device for the sub-distribution circuit will operate within the maximum time for example if someone should accidently put a spade into the cable.

To the op I don't know the task you are undertaking but the EFLI or R1+R2 for the circuit from the house will be between the line conductor and armour of the cable which has been rendered inaccessible. This is the fault path for said circuit and has nothing to do with the TT arrangement. Whatever you are doing you will have to note the reading as Not Verified with the reasons.
Will it have any reference to the choice of OCPD? cant see how as it's not being used as a cpc?

Jesus this is over complicated. He cannot verify continuity of the armour because it has been rendered inaccessible.

Not that I'm into testing.....Could not the OP measure the TN Zs at incoming SWA cable at garage consumer-unit? Note reading and subject that reading from the Ze reading obtained at the house consumer unit giving R1-R2.
Another way...use Method 2 wandering lead, assuming connection can be made onto the end of the SWA armouring using a probe.

Reply to 2core swa, not earth load end.. TT in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net