Discuss 2D LAMPS AND MY WORKLIGHT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Toneyz

All,
I have a question which is in two parts :-
1 From the information that I can see 2D lamps all have the same cap/base GR10q although due to the control gear putting a higher wattage lamp will not work in a lower wattage fitting does all different lamps fit in different fittings eg a 28watt lamp works in a 38watt fitting.

The second part is I have a Thorsman Goliath 2 pro 55w 2D work light 110v with back up battery which I have had in our shed for some time but now does not work now if the above is true and the lamp has gone I should be able to put a 38watt on in but it does not fit some one said that they made the lamp holder different so that you had to buy their lamp can some of you trusted lot advise/help.

I have a Thorsman work lamp that I bought about 12 years ago .
Great light output and two useful sockets on the back.
The downside the ballast is a weak spot on them and they are more than the light is worth to replace ; if you can find one.
I settled in the end conveting it to a circular led , not as bright , but no problems with it up to now.

I have a Thorsman work lamp that I bought about 12 years ago .
Great light output and two useful sockets on the back.
The downside the ballast is a weak spot on them and they are more than the light is worth to replace ; if you can find one.
I settled in the end conveting it to a circular led , not as bright , but no problems with it up to now.
Is it true that they made the lamp holder different so that you could only put a 2D lamp by them in it as stated mine is 110v was yours and how did you convert it.

The second part is I have a Thorsman Goliath 2 pro 55w 2D work light 110v with back up battery
I have the same one (also 110V), but without the backup battery. Has two 110V commando sockets on the back too to plug other lights into. Had it for years but don't think I've ever needed to replace the lamp in it yet.

I have the same one (also 110V), but without the backup battery. Has two 110V commando sockets on the back too to plug other lights into. Had it for years but don't think I've ever needed to replace the lamp in it yet.
As it has been kicking around for years I wanted to prove with another lamp but could not get 38watt 4 pin to fit in when the as I thought the lamp holders were the same.

Is it true that they made the lamp holder different so that you could only put a 2D lamp by them in it as stated mine is 110v was yours and how did you convert it.
I am not sure but you may be right because I had to get the 55w lamp on special order from the wholesaler. Mine is 240 , I bought a circular led similar to the pictureB16LEDRTO-14w-Retrofit-LED-equiv-28w2D-5Yr-warranty.jpg , removed the ballast and cut away the reflector and just wired it as a normal lamp and retained the twin sockets.

Reply to 2D LAMPS AND MY WORKLIGHT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net