Discuss 2gang 2way switches for two independent lights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have double/dual/2gang 2way switch to control two lights.
The scenerio
Room has two doors one light is 4ft fluorescent and other right is installed just outside the door as security light it is oval bulkhead light.
No matter which door i enter i want to turn/off the 2 lights independently of each other.
Materials in use
(2 )pattress single boxes
(2) double gang 2 way switches
1.5mm.sqr 3core cable (2core+green/yellow striped earth).
I am newbie electrician i have wired 1 gang two way switches before successfully but never encountered 2gang 2way switches and couldnt find in the net!!
Can you help me how to wire 2gang 2way switch?

Thanks

Hi - great Forum name :) .
Don't know if I've understood correctly, but it sounds like you are wanting 2 independent lights that can be independently switched from 2 locations. If so, do your normal 2 way light wiring twice? Drawing it out on paper will help :) .

what he said^^^.do 1 first then do the other.

Thanks for your reply
This is the drawing note that since the two fluorescent are looped. Together they are counted as one.i am doing electrical re wiring now

There is already 2gang 1way switch installed at one door what i desperately need is if it possible to use (two) double gang 2way switches one each door to control the inside lights as well as the outside lights independently.if i am at door A i want to turn the the lights on/off and do the same if i enter through door B.i have strong intuition it is possible but alas i have
Never encountered wiring dual gang 2way switches.

2gang 2way switches for two independent lights 20181015_175005 - EletriciansForums.net

2gang 2way switches for two independent lights 20181006_153121 - EletriciansForums.net

• Optimistic
Reactions: H
The green/yellow conductor should not be used as a live conductor.

The photographs demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of wiring that does not accord with an electrician's work.
I am not prepared to advise on the means of wiring or the correct methods to use but the below diagram shows one of many possible means of easily wiring two gang two way switches.
This is a schematic only such as you would find on line.
I would recommend that you get competent local assistance to advise you on basic wiring techniques to prevent the risk of a dangerous situation occurring.
2gang 2way switches for two independent lights 2 way 3 wire 2 gan - EletriciansForums.net

Thank you Richard burns for the advice And beautiful image this is exactly what i was looking for.we can close this thread now.if you have educational materials in the forum i will appreciate.

Do you wish to close this thread as it will prevent any further replies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2gang 2way switches for two independent lights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock