Discuss 2x Additonal sockets in a bedroom in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

claret73

More than 1 way to skin this cat & so wondered what you all thought?...
The customer is having fitted wardrobes & they need to move the position of 2x sockets to become accessible. It is a top floor flat with access above. Thoughts are:
1/ Chase out (unnecessarily) the existing drops & reloop the ring correctly with new legs.
2/ Join existing socket legs to new legs for each socket with a crimp joint inside existing box & blank off with a plate. Providing this does not interfere with fitting of wardrobes. Just thought in the unlikelihood of having access to the joint it's easier than chopping out the wall.
3/ If above is an issue, crimp joint & bury directly into wall...

Yes. Circuit RCD Protected...
Cheers! Had advised option 2, just waiting for confirmation from Furniture company if I'll be in the way with a Blank Plate. Must look to see if I can get Flush ones??

you can make you own flush ones with a piece of plastic .

yes number 2 seems the most practical wardrobes shouldnt be a problem as youve got the skirting board thickness

or you could use maintenace free jbs (ashley) under the floor board then run to new point

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did I see that regulation about ALL JOINTS being accessible........
If you have access to the roof void, why not pull up the cables into the loft, do your joint there, run a new leg/s to new sockets.

crimped joints don't need to be accessible, but there again, some of us feel that crimps are designed for stranded cable and should only be used for same. so it's wagos. or are they going to be disallowed next?

Reply to 2x Additonal sockets in a bedroom in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock