Discuss 3 36kw cookers in cafe in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

R & S

-
Reaction score
Hi, been asked to install 3x 36 kW 53A ovens and 9 kW 3 phase dishwasher in a cafe 100a 3 phase supply. I think the best way is to have 2 ovens on a change over switch so only 2 can run at once, but he wants all 3 but I think it will be to expensive to upgrade. What does everyone think
Thanks for help

allowing for diversity,ovens will be switching on and off due to thermostats. should be OK. try switching each one on in turn and clamping the supply tails.

Hi, been asked to install 3x 36 kW 53A ovens and 9 kW 3 phase dishwasher in a cafe 100a 3 phase supply. I think the best way is to have 2 ovens on a change over switch so only 2 can run at once, but he wants all 3 but I think it will be to expensive to upgrade. What does everyone think
Thanks for help
36kW is a hell of a big oven. Are these cookers, with rings on top?

36kW over 3 phases is 53A/phase approx, so a 100A/phase supply will be adequate, depending on what other loads will be in use.

They are pizza ovens, that's what I work out 53a each phase there is not much else in there I thought it would be pushing it have all 3, in case all come on together

Hi dude,seems strange that an operation with three of those ogres,would not have requirements for heating,lighting,washing,ventilation,warming and a phone charger ;)

They are pizza ovens, that's what I work out 53a each phase there is not much else in there I thought it would be pushing it have all 3, in case all come on together

You think it would be pushing it?
How about some calculated values rather than an 'I think it would be' kind of guesstimate?

What diversity factor have you established for this?

Nothing else big in there at moment just display chiller units, no vents and small water heater for sinks. The ovens I worked out using 100% for 1st then 80 and 60 which is over the 100a supply without anything else

His going for just 2 at moment, very little else in there gas for water, small vent. So cookers will be 93A for 2 (100% + 80%) . Not worked in many restaurants what's everyone opinions. His hoping to upgrade later on to 200A

They are 3 phase 36kw / 53A per phase, there is 8kw 3p dishwasher, 15 ceiling panel lights and sockets for display chiller units and fridge and freezers

Reply to 3 36kw cookers in cafe in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net