Discuss 3 phase car ramp wiring :) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kazzy306

hey all, I'm after some assistance with wiring in a car ramp into my garage, i have a 3 phase supply in my garage and my ramp is an old school electro-hyraulic ramp, My problem is that when i got it bolted into the garage i noticed it doesn't have a starter box so i got in contact to the previous owner who told me that all it needs is a 3 phase contactor. The ramp it's self is a Kismet KEL1700 the 3 phase motor puts the ramp up and there is a manual down lever. my problem is that I'm not too sure what sort of contactor im looking for. I presume its a temporary on contactor but am not too sure.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Does the ramp have a limit switch to stop it at the top?

Basically you need a 3 pole contactor and a momentary push button and someone who is competent with 3 phase to connect it up safely.

It should have both Upper and Lower Limit switches, nothing complicated in the wiring but you should get a Decent Electrician to wire it & safety test it for you. Also you need to be aware that if it's an open screw ramp or the Motor / Drive belts are openly accesible, it does'nt comply to safety regs any more.

It's a hydrolic pump which uses a ram to push the ramp up, then to lower it just lets the oil run back to the tank, electric only used for lifting, still would be a good idea to have a upper limit switch though-used some that don't, they just rely on a pressure relief valve in the hydrolics

the contactor would normally be fixed to the lift(on the upright)
the contactor would power the hydralic pump motor
when the lift gets to the top, a fail-safe valve comes in?
same same at the bottom

read the info on the motor to get the correct contactor and overload cutouts to go with it
get a proper sparky to sort it out(near imposs these days?)

The motor on these ramps only lifts it, pushing a lever opens a valve which lets the oil run back to resivoir from the ram and the ramp comes down.

The lever for lowering is purely a mechanical link, no electrics needed for lowering

to come down the motor should first lift it up to release a safety device so it'll go up <>50mm then lower done a few of these and they all have done as i've described

It should have both Upper and Lower Limit switches, nothing complicated in the wiring but you should get a Decent Electrician to wire it & safety test it for you. Also you need to be aware that if it's an open screw ramp or the Motor / Drive belts are openly accesible, it does'nt comply to safety regs any more.

Sorry for the long delay in replying, my premises had the locks changed for some reason, so i couldn't gain access. but the ramp doesn't have any switches on it.

Reply to 3 phase car ramp wiring :) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net