Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss 3 phase clamp meter monitor in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. 2pacaveli86

2pacaveli86 EF Member

Hi guys,

Has anyone got any suggestions for reasonably priced 3 phase clamp meters that record min / max values over a 24 hour period?

Could even be 3 individual meters I’m not fussed.

Thanks in advance.

2. Andy-1960

Andy-1960 Electrician's Arms

3. TonyMitchell

TonyMitchell Regular EF Member

If it is only single minimum and maximum values between resets, as opposed to logging at intervals, you'll probably find three digital multimeters with fixed clamps or flexi wire loops will be the cheapest way to achieve this. Won't cost a lot to hire, as I assume you only want to do this as a one-off job, and probably haven't got three sets of DMMs & clamps in your own inventory.

If you want more complex logging, etc, there are options but will likely mean splashing more cash than the above simple solution.

Here's a couple of links, the latter will be very expensive!
    3-Phase Power Meter | PCE Instruments - https://www.pce-instruments.com/english/measuring-instruments/test-meters/3-phase-power-meter-kat_155415_1.htm#products
    and
    Fluke 1735 Three-Phase Power Quality Logger - https://www.fluke.com/en-gb/product/electrical-testing/power-and-energy-loggers/three-phase-power-and-energy-loggers/fluke-1735

4. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

If it’s a one off job then you can hire them for a sensible price.

5. 2pacaveli86

2pacaveli86 EF Member

I had a feeling a power Analyzer would be the way to go, hooking up 3 DMM’s as you say would mean buying another 3 DMM’s so I’m not left without one during recording.

It’s something I think would be a very valuable addition to the service provided, and a better way of being sure supplies can be taken from DB’s when I’m in a new place and am not sure if there’s a risk of overload. I’m often in places looking at jobs once it’s quietened down a bit so a simple there and then clamp doesn’t do much justice without a lot of further investigation.

I was looking at this, seems to be the lowest costing analyser of its kind...

Chauvin Arnoux PEL102 Power & Energy Logger - https://www.tester.co.uk/chauvin-arnoux-pel102-power-energy-logger

I suppose there’s nothing stopping me starting to delve into the deeper depths of PF and harmonics at some point in the future if I’m feeling intrigued.

Thanks for your help boys.

6. 2pacaveli86

2pacaveli86 EF Member

Hello Dave,

Where do you suggest the hire of a power analyser?

7. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

I use Inlec