Discuss 3 phase Conveyor drum motor? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sounds like a bag of spanners in the drum when turning the shaft.

Roller length 597mm
Roller diameter 215mm
Shaft diameter 40mm
Conveyor length 5.2m
Speed about 0.2 meters per second
3phase

No specs/ serial numbers on drum

Sounds like a bag of spanners in the drum when turning the shaft.

Not too many are aware that these drum motors, because internally geared, have an orientation on them for lube reasons. The shaft end, opposite to cable end, will have UP or an arrow embossed to signal orientation.

Find one of the larger outfits that can handle the mechanical side. For things like this I’ve used Dowding and Mills in the past.

Find one of the larger outfits that can handle the mechanical side. For things like this I’ve used Dowding and Mills in the past.

Same company I've used for years, and still am. Highly recommended, I think they've changed their name to sulzer now?

We have D&M (Sulzer) in Bridgend, they are quite good, I've done work for them in the past (& know some of the people from branch shop floor to director level, not just at Bridgend branch the company has a very good engineering ethic), a very good small independent a few miles West who can do the mech & elect side (the one I use, good, but meticulous), a big Eriks (was BERL don't use them personal thing from a previous position, & not with Swansea branch), and a VERY big Quartzelec in Swansea (have clients that have used them & been very happy), there is another independent just North of Swansea, they seem OK, don't know too much about them as they compete with me in certain areas so I just keep away from them.
There are others also.
If it's just a mechanical issue I would do it myself normally for a conveyor drum motor, if I was not too busy.

A lot of the really good ones have gone to the wall FW Langley, Wilson Ford just to name a couple in the midlands. With no industry left there’s nothing to repair.

One thing I found with Dowding & Mills, they can’t half talk a good job!

Reply to 3 phase Conveyor drum motor? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net