Discuss 3-phase cooker circuit installation in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

SY isnt heat proof is it? Literally bang 6mm 5 core HO7 in google and theres loads of places, edwardes is ok ive used them before... You might only need 4mm anyway check the CCC of it

Sorry, when i said I was struggling to find somewhere stocking it I meant local. It's a bit strange I've got to order from a website I've never come across before, but if needs must...

If you want local just get it from your local wholesaler, they’ll be able to get a cut length from their preferred cable supplier.
I assume they will as my local wholesaler never has any issue getting cut lengths of cable, the last one was 10m of 35mm H07-RNF single core

Thought you said the cooker had a 2.5mm2 cable attached which had the plug cut off?

No, I thought that was the case but it has 2.5mm wires attached to it, and when I looked properly there's a label on one of the wires saying "for testing only" so it must have been something they installed at the factory for QC...

CEF do custom cuts of that H07 cable, so I'll get some ordered up there. As for the main run, I'm leaning towards SWA now, I've said if they don't like the colour they should paint it.

Reply to 3-phase cooker circuit installation in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'd appreciate a quick sanity check, thanks in advance: New circuit for a 3 phase cooker, in a community centre (run by a charity). Total load...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have a limited in house PAT testing requirement and were advised that the TIS700 fitted our needs. The unit works fine for 110V and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking to install a 3kw patio heater spurring off an existing socket (on a ring main) as below: 1. Cable to isolator switch (32...
Replies
Views
I am trying to understand 3 phase volt drop. I understand single phase VD. Lets say we have a 70 meter run of 35mm, 5 core cable from the supply...
Replies
Views
So, the actual job is on a farm. I think I'll keep things simple at the moment and just ask about voltage drop. I'll come on to earthing and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock