Discuss 3 phase motor wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi just after some advice on how to wire this water motor. I have follwed the wiring diagram, when I test it, just get a buzz from the motor, Not spinning at all. Tried switching line conductors, same result.

Supply is 3 phase & Neutral.

Thanks

3 phase motor wiring 95ECE7CE-85C7-4EBB-9AA6-750D4ACA24A0 - EletriciansForums.net

3 phase motor wiring D8195041-AC40-4940-9A55-43ED07376E9B - EletriciansForums.net

3 phase motor wiring 965069FF-9810-4821-BBAE-9393E4879765 - EletriciansForums.net

3 phase motor wiring 5C3C7797-E41E-454F-83D8-388D3E381B06 - EletriciansForums.net

3 phase motor wiring 68154103-2BE6-46CA-8AF6-FD97F049E548 - EletriciansForums.net

diss. the control circuit cables. then try pressing the contactor in manually. if it fires up then, you have a control circuit fault/incorrect wiring/incorrect coil volts.

No N required for that particular motor
Neutral is needed for the control cct.
What's is the Blue conductor doing left floating in the Motor terminal box, and connected @ the contactor? I agree if the coil is @230 v then a N is required.

When a motor won't run, always worth checking that all phases are present i.e. 400V between them and 230V to N or E, before anything else. Would have picked up the starter wiring error instantly. If all OK, then usually it's a miswire of the motor leadouts.

You may have already damaged the motor windings by running it on 2 phases, disconnect the cable and test the motor windings for continuity resistance and IR @ 500v.

What is the rated run current on the motor info plate? 9 Amps setting on the thermal overload looks high for that motor but sometimes photos are decieving.

Sounds like a suck it and see scenario, to me.
Messing about with 3 phase motor supply and control can be very dangerous without the necessary experience.
If you're qualified, you're misreading a very basic situation.
If not, you shouldn't be touching this.

Reply to 3 phase motor wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock