Discuss 3 phase polyphase meter ,landis and gear/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fancypantsyeah

i am on a job seperating a small building from a main builing next door,THE UNITS HAS 2 - 250WATT SON LIGHTS, 4 13 AMP SINGLE PHASE SOCKET AND A 3 PAHSE 32 AMP ISOLATOR WITH NO LOAD CONNECTED AS A SMALL CAR LIFE MAY BE CONNECTED SOON.I HAVE SEPERATED ALL THE ABOUVE CCTS FROM THE MIAN BUILDING AND INSTALLED A 4 WAY 3PHASE DB AND CONNECTED THEM INTO THE DB. the owner wants the said unit on it's own supply, the owner has asked for it's own priavte kwh meter which i got from the suppliers,""only took 4 days to come"",,lol,,so i got on with the works i have mentioned above.""a landis and gear 5219 polyphase 100AMP meter,""IS THE METER SUPPLIED.... the new unit is feed from a 63AMP type c mcb ffrom a 3phase 3 wire distributon board in the main building on a 25mm2 swa cable.
the kwh meter can be direct wired onto a 3 phase 3 wire sytem by using 1 of the phases and connecting it to the neutral termination point at the meter connections...if you follow me. i need a 3 phase supply ,to the new DB I HAVE INSTALLED WITH THE CCTS I HAVE TOLD YOU ABOUT ABOVE,, AS ONE OF THEM CCT'S IS A a 3 phase isolator rated at 32AMPS, EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY LOAD AS OF YET ,, A SMALL CAR LIFT IS GOING TO CONNECTED TO THE 3PHASE ISOLATOR.. ANYWAY.... after leaving the meter does that 3rd phase which has been used coonnected at the neutral point get connected into DB'S MAIN 125AMP the isolator and rejoin the 3 phase 3 wire supply to the new db...help please asap ... I hae necer installed one of these meters onto a 3 phase 3 wire before... done tem on 4 wire system..

Last edited by a moderator:
the kwh meter can be direct wired onto a 3 phase 3 wire sytem by using 1 of the phases as a neutral...if you follow me. i need a 3 phase supply to the board for a 3 phase isolator rated at 32AMPS.so after leaving the meter does that 3rd phase which has been used coonnected at the neutral point get connected into the isolator and rejoin the 3 phase 3 wire supply to the new db.

To be honest, i have no idea what your trying to do here?? Are you supplying a metered 3 phase supply, or a single phase supply??

SORRY I am on ajob at a small timber yard, the main building has a small unit atached to with 2 250w son lights, 4 13amp single phase sockets and a three phase islator with no load connected at the moment. the owner is let out the small unit which is gonna be a small mot center/ garage.. i have seperated the lights and the sockets and the 3 phase ccts from the main building and connected in a 4way 3 phase tnp + e DB. WHICH HAS NO CONNECTION TO THE SUPPLY AS YET AS THE OWNER WANTED A PRIVATE KWH METER CONNECTED SO HE CAN READ THE METER AND RESELL THE ENERGY USED BY THE NEW TENENT.THE METER TOOK 4 DAYS TO COME SO I HAVE DONE EVERY THING EXCEPT CONNECT THE METER.. I HAVE PUT THE NEW UNIT ON OWN SUPPLY FROM A 63 TYPE C 3 PHASE MCB FROM THE DB IN THE MAIN BUILDING ON A 25MM2 SWA CABLE TO THE METAL ENCLOSURE WHERE THE 3 PHASE POLYPHASE 100AMP METER WILL LIVE. THEN FROM THE METER TO THE NEW DB... I NEED A 3 PHASE SUPPLY AS I HAE MENTIONED THERE IS A 3 PHASE CCTIN THE UNIT SEPERATED.. THE

Not unless you want to blow the meter up.

I think you need to be a little more concise here.

Your lighting and RFC is single phase, do you actually need 3 phases into this split unit?

If no then just fit a wyefield distribution board at origin of the installation with your 3 phases, after the original 3 phase meter at the head, and then run a single phase supply to a single phase meter.

If you do need 3 phases to the unit, then run your L1 L2 L3 and Neutral to a 3 phase meter a connect L1 in L1 L2 in L2 etc etc

I posted this on your other thread

Then you need a poly phase meter that is 4 pole not 3 pole as i think you mentioned above for the 3 phase + N DB and isolator!! Are you sure this new 4 way DB is going to be sufficient?? Not sure what your doing with the 3ph isolator, but that will need supplying from the new DB too....

Still having trouble picturing what your trying to do. All i can say is, that you need a supply from the main DB OCD to the new meter, then from meter to new DB. Which will supply the the single phase loads and 3 phase loads, including this existing 3 phase isolator....

www.landisgyr.com.uk is the link,,,go to products,,, the meters to the 5219 model,,, ya get all the info on ther ... that is the meter i have...
done all that en54.... the thing is that the providers main incomer is a 3phase three wire system with no neutral connection,,,, there is is also a 230 single phase tns supply that is seperate..
i ahve installed a submain to the building and the new DB with all the seperated circuits on ,,, the new db is feed from a the db in main building on 63 amp type c 3phase mcb..
my problem is ; 1. puting single phase circuits onto a 3phase 3 wire system with no neutral..ie; 2 -250 wat -son lihts and 4 --13 amp single phase so.......
you can mix 3 phase and single phase circuits on a 3 wire 3phase system as the phases are 120degreees out of phase with each other...can't you..
not sure best way

then you need a poly phase meter that is 4 pole not 3 pole as i think you mentioned above for the 3 phase + n db and isolator!! Are you sure this new 4 way db is going to be sufficient?? Not sure what your doing with the 3ph isolator, but that will need supplying from the new db too....

Still having trouble picturing what your trying to do. All i can say is, that you need a supply from the main db ocd to the new meter, then from meter to new db. Which will supply the the single phase loads and 3 phase loads, including this existing 3 phase isolator....
the new 4 way 3phase or 12 single phases db is sufficient i'm sure there are only 2- 250 watt son lights on there,, 4 13amp single phase sockets and there is a 3phase circuit that feeds a 3 phase isolator that will soon have a small electric car lift installed on to it....that leves 2 - 3phase or 9 single phase ways clear....

i am on a job seperating a small building from a main builing next door,THE UNITS HAS 2 - 250WATT SON LIGHTS, 4 13 AMP SINGLE PHASE SOCKET AND A 3 PAHSE 32 AMP ISOLATOR WITH NO LOAD CONNECTED AS A SMALL CAR LIFE MAY BE CONNECTED SOON.I HAVE SEPERATED ALL THE ABOUVE CCTS FROM THE MIAN BUILDING AND INSTALLED A 4 WAY 3PHASE DB AND CONNECTED THEM INTO THE DB. the owner wants the said unit on it's own supply, the owner has asked for it's own priavte kwh meter which i got from the suppliers,""only took 4 days to come"",,lol,,so i got on with the works i have mentioned above.""a landis and gear 5219 polyphase 100AMP meter,""IS THE METER SUPPLIED.... the new unit is feed from a 63AMP type c mcb ffrom a 3phase 3 wire distributon board in the main building on a 25mm2 swa cable.
the kwh meter can be direct wired onto a 3 phase 3 wire sytem by using 1 of the phases and connecting it to the neutral termination point at the meter connections...if you follow me. i need a 3 phase supply ,to the new DB I HAVE INSTALLED WITH THE CCTS I HAVE TOLD YOU ABOUT ABOVE,, AS ONE OF THEM CCT'S IS A a 3 phase isolator rated at 32AMPS, EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY LOAD AS OF YET ,, A SMALL CAR LIFT IS GOING TO CONNECTED TO THE 3PHASE ISOLATOR.. ANYWAY.... after leaving the meter does that 3rd phase which has been used coonnected at the neutral point get connected into DB'S MAIN 125AMP the isolator and rejoin the 3 phase 3 wire supply to the new db...help please asap ... I hae necer installed one of these meters onto a 3 phase 3 wire before... done tem on 4 wire system..

I have posted on your other thread and now have read this.

Can you please post your situation using clear english as this post leaves even me completely bewildered.

Separate your main points using the return button.

In your other post you say that there is no neutral, but your description here mentions single phase, and a neutral somewhere, so which is it?

I think you need some help to be honest as you seem to be over your head here.

No offense intended.

Reply to 3 phase polyphase meter ,landis and gear/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net