Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss 3 Phase testing in the PAT Testing Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Craig2022

Craig2022 Trainee Trainee Access

Hi, so I started a pat testing job in a big factor a couple of days ago, an I raised a question to my boss about if 3 phase equipment will be tested but he was unsure. Am I right to think that it does get tested? If so he has a new seaward pat tester and I wondered if its easy enough to do this and how you would do the test?

2. loplug

loplug DIY

seaward do 3 phase test adapters depending on which model you have.And the correct settings are explained in the manual

3. ohreally

ohreally Regular EF Member

4. ohreally

ohreally Regular EF Member

5. Adam W

Adam W Electrician's Arms

It should be tested, but whether or not you're doing the testing depends on what limitations have been agreed with the client.

You'd test it the same way as single phase equipment - connect all live connectors together (including neutral) and test to CPC.

6. spinlondon

spinlondon Trusted Advisor

Is the 3phase equipment portable?