Discuss 3 pole mcb tracer help. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andrew Hutton

Question I am trying to trace a triple pole mcb. The panel that the supply goes to has only a 3ph supply no neutral. The building is a NHS site and has many distribution boards some marked up correctly. The problem is I can't go round knocking of breakers due to equipment etc. Was looking at a mcb tracer but they seem to require a neutral to operate the transmitter.
Does any one have a idea of how to trace the mcb or recommend a mcb/cable tracer. Circuit is live.
Thanks Andrew

I don't suppose the panel has an internal socket or perhaps you could fit a temporary socket and plug in a fan heater.

Martindale version, just earth it. I think they actual have a lead in the kit. I will say its never 100% depends on the wiring method swa should be fine, trunking not so much.

If you do not know what it feeds,it could be vital or nothing...not being able to isolate it,hampers things.

Some extra curricular research,may throw up a clue...even tracking down a previous engineer,whoever the contractors were.

Being able to isolate all/most of the other known circuits,can help,as can a data logger on the circuit in question,which could assist in identifying via load/use characteristics.

If it matters enough to someone,you will get the freedom to make the choices needed,to enable identification both safely,and without disruption.

Reply to 3 pole mcb tracer help. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what's going on with my kitchen light. I've replaced an old 28W CFL fitting with a new 4 x LED GU10 fitting (a cheap one from...
Replies
Views
So here is the thing Rhere is an old MEMSHIELD TPN+E Board that is pretty mich obsolete. The only place that sells their breakers would be Ebay...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm supervising maintaining a building powered by a 1250 Amps and i had a total blackout twice within a week. Checking the MCB and it's...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, what does for example 300A rating on a 3 pole MCB means? Does it mean each phase carries 300A i.e. (Current in R=300A, Y=300A, B=300A)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock