• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss 3 week wonder training newbie in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lekky1

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just completed my
Key stage,
PART P,
18 EDITION,
& INSPECTION AND TESTING
Exams and training and thought where better to come than a sparks forum!!

I understand I will probably get heckled as a 3 week wonder, but I have been doing some electrical work every week for 2yrs as I'm a bathroom fitter, tiller, plasterer and plumber (not gas safe) so had to get the electrical qualification as always paying to get inspected and signed off , speeds up the whole process

Anyway hope to chat to you all soon

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome in Lekky - you don’t have to have a ape themed avatar but you will be eligible for the ‘happy ending’ package should you be interested!

Welcome but I have to say that do you think you got good value for your courses as you are struggling with swapping light switches over?
Unfortunately don't have years to study, so had to do a crash course, I would like to have learnt more and experienced more but here I am cap in hand, as stated I'm fault finding, if I had swapped the switches over they would be working

Welcome to the asylum mate

Domestic installer course covers:
Basic cable calcs
Testing for Initial verification
Certification
Notification criteria
Basic building regs partM etc..

It does not cover practical applications or instalation.
That is learnt on site.

Welcome to forum lekky1

It does not cover practical applications or instalation.
That is learnt on site.

Have I misread this??
Logic says it must cover installation of equipment.
"Learning on site" = learning with customers equipment....

How to sign a cheque - gets them onto the course and then gives them the heads up on how to join a Scheme.
Do we have them here? I don't think I've actually met a domestic installer
There are quote a few that are in the forum..
There are quote a few that are in the forum..
I know that lol I meant is it just a mainland thing as I've never met one

Reply to 3 week wonder training newbie in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back