Discuss 30k debt, lets eat some harrods cupcakes at £32 a pop in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elsparko

the presenter of this show acts as if these bungholes spending money they dont have is someone elses fault, cant wait to see this guy go homeless when no1 lends him a penny

£32 cupcakes!

I thought you were giving us an itinerary of your afternoon Elsparko!

There is profit in debt and especially in todays live for now/live for experiences way of life. I have friends who call me lucky as they live in rentals but don't understand that managing money and not spending it on tat means that you can have a decent life.

I saw recently the gov of bank of england saying they are getting really worried about the amount of unsecured personal debt in the uk... when interest rates go up, which they will this year then mortgages cost more, and people will start struggling to pay everything back. He said if the banks dont reign in personal borrowing then the Bof E will have to act to stop it. He said this has the potential to be far far worse than 2008, as eventually the banks wake up and realise how exposed they and people are and the lending stops... as crazy as it sounds people are borrowing money to pay off other loans in a sort of circle. eventually the music stops... then what?

A lot of the young have grown up with low interest rates and easy to get items on credit, lots of holidays on credit, a car on a PCP deal well to be honest a lot of older folk are up to their necks in debt as well.

Its just another balloon that will burst one day and there are lot of people higher up the ladder profiteering from them, remember wealth doesn't trickle down it bubbles up, debt is also the ideal control mechanism in keeping the population compliant.

even if it was for 10 cupcakes hes 30 grand in the hole

harrods is for those with more money than sense, but the guy in the video has no money and no sense
A friend of a friend of mine many years back bought a lion cub from Harrods, to be honest Harrods isn't that expensive for normal stuff, they make their money on the people that spend one or two million in one go.

Oh, there was a film about Christian,

I do agree that he is a knob £30k in debt at 24 and 7 years to pay it off, sad but there are many more in that sort of debt, I know am luckily debt free.

i wish i could go back 5 years to when i was 24, my savings were around 40k including my cars, didnt work for 2 years and spent alot of it though

still never felt the need to beg or borrow from anyone lol, i want to work hard (ish) for the first 40 years then relax, not work like a headless chicken spending everything month to month getting myself stuck in a rut with nothing to show for it by 50+

whats this guy in the video going to do when creditors realise their probably not getting their money back?

id rather save up for something than pay an extortionate rate over several years whilst physical purchases depreciates in value

if you want a good deal in this life, its best you have a pocket full of cash

my idea of being skint is having less than 5k to my name, not literally penniless, that is basically a self controlled overdraft of 5k that i can dip into and not worry since im only owe money to myself, and im very reasonable.

A lad at work has “leased” a new 30 grand motor to get to him work and back. Paid a 6 grand deposit, then pays £120 a month, no option to buy and mileage limit/damage penalty’s. He has wife, a kid and mortgage, and complains he’s always skint! All that money for a car he’ll never own!
He’s convinced himself it’s a good deal!
“I don’t pay for servicing, and if I goes wrong I just take it back” he’ll say.
Yes but your paying over 1400 a year for them to “service it” and it’s a new car, so it’ll have warranty regardless of leasing/PCP / buy outright.
Madness!
I bought a 07 plate car for £1400, two years ago and it’s still going strong. Spent about £900 in that time on servicing, MOTs, repairs etc.
Keep meaning to buy a bumper sticker that’s says
“This car might be rubbish, but it’s paid for and in front of you!”

i wish i could go back 5 years to when i was 24, my savings were around 40k including my cars, didnt work for 2 years and spent alot of it though

still never felt the need to beg or borrow from anyone lol, i want to work hard (ish) for the first 40 years then relax, not work like a headless chicken spending everything month to month getting myself stuck in a rut with nothing to show for it by 50+

whats this guy in the video going to do when creditors realise their probably not getting their money back?

id rather save up for something than pay an extortionate rate over several years whilst physical purchases depreciates in value

if you want a good deal in this life, its best you have a pocket full of cash

my idea of being skint is having less than 5k to my name, not literally penniless, that is basically a self controlled overdraft of 5k that i can dip into and not worry since im only owe money to myself, and im very reasonable.
I wished I had £40k to my name when I was 24, mortgage i kid and another on the way lol...... a pocket full of cash is a depreciating asset these days with inflation, I have the house, the car in the garage and the other turds, in May it'll be two years since I last worked, really need to do something as it annoys the girlfriend ;o))))

A lad at work has “leased” a new 30 grand motor to get to him work and back. Paid a 6 grand deposit, then pays £120 a month, no option to buy and mileage limit/damage penalty’s. He has wife, a kid and mortgage, and complains he’s always skint! All that money for a car he’ll never own!
He’s convinced himself it’s a good deal!
“I don’t pay for servicing, and if I goes wrong I just take it back” he’ll say.
Yes but your paying over 1400 a year for them to “service it” and it’s a new car, so it’ll have warranty regardless of leasing/PCP / buy outright.
Madness!
I bought a 07 plate car for £1400, two years ago and it’s still going strong. Spent about £900 in that time on servicing, MOTs, repairs etc.
Keep meaning to buy a bumper sticker that’s says
“This car might be rubbish, but it’s paid for and in front of you!”
Its brainwashing, my son for his sins owns an E30 which is holding its price, he lives in London and works in London as does his wife he says he doesn't need a day to day car as he works long hours and it would be pointless, if he needs a decent car he just hires one.

I ran a Lotus for 3 years didn't lose much in value sold it as I had a cash flow issue and bought a Subaru the other half has the Clio that I bought back in late 2011 cheap and is not worth selling even though all the cars don't do many miles, my E3o is also holding its price at the moment.

Credit should only be used to buy a property or for a short term goal or business opportunity , my Mum always said if you can't pay cash for it then you can't afford it.

I had a few stresses over the last 2 years but at least paid off the two mortgages that I had at the time that I had no job.

I wished I had £40k to my name when I was 24, mortgage i kid and another on the way lol...... a pocket full of cash is a depreciating asset these days with inflation, I have the house, the car in the garage and the other turds, in May it'll be two years since I last worked, really need to do something as it annoys the girlfriend ;o))))
i always lived by saving a 3rd, spending a 3rd and the other 3rd for bills etc, i bought myself a 645 on boxing day when i was 23 or 24, with an x5 and a 330 sat on the driveway as santa forgot to visit me again :(

i dont have much expenditure , no direct debits every month apart from rent and council tax, everything else is for me

i get bored of the same woman after a few weeks so im destined to be a bachelor i reckon, low tolerance for stupid arguments

i always lived by saving a 3rd, spending a 3rd and the other 3rd for bills etc, i bought myself a 645 on boxing day when i was 23 or 24, with an x5 and a 330 sat on the driveway as santa forgot to visit me again :(

i dont have much expenditure , no direct debits every month apart from rent and council tax, everything else is for me

i get bored of the same woman after a few weeks so im destined to be a bachelor i reckon, low tolerance for stupid arguments
But you must live in a place with cheap rent which is a bonus, try living in London in this day and age when a rental room will set you back £800 pcm

If you get bored of a woman to quickly then you are looking for airheads, meet a nice interesting lass then the relationship will last you just go for the ones that when you turn up with her your mates go "phwoarh you lucky bar steward"

nah, pick a woman of Polish extraction. they are less likely to stray and they feed you well. ( worked for me, anyway ).

See this all the time. My Friends and family are the worst.

Don't own nothing. Everything is on credit or loaned. The problem is they are just borrowing more and more and digging a deeper hole debt.

It's ok though because the new 50" 3d tv makes them feel better and the new iPads for all 4 kids keeps them quiet so they can sit and watch the new TV none stop whilst ordering takeaways which saves them a job of cooking and cleaning.

Seriously though, the lenders need to stop lending the credit out.

Some of the people I know who lend excessively don't even have jobs, yet they have brand new cars/TV's/eat out most nights etc....

Gaz, the trouble is the lenders lending to you at 18% are raking it in and to keep you in perpetual debt to them is an asset, trouble is these retards can't see it.

I admit I fell into the trap but it was separation, divorce having to pay for a mortgage and my own rent that I dug myself in to a hole for a short time but I got out of it when I knuckled down and stopped chasing pretty women and going on benders to Poland and chasing even more women......

At the moment I have zero debt and am happy, no stress at all. And no job but thats for another thread.

One day all these people with all they own on borrowed money will have a wake up call, I can't see interest rates staying this low, if the go to 7% it will screw half the population, if it doesn't then it means we got screwed over in the past.

Reply to 30k debt, lets eat some harrods cupcakes at £32 a pop in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net