Discuss 30v on 2way switch when turned off?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

aaelectric

Went to a job today, where the client had removed 3 halogen bulbs to install LEDs. When the light was turned off from one side it would make the bulbs flicker with switch off, but if it is switched from other side it was ok. I dissconnected 2way switch and if was working fine. There is a new cu rcd protected. i did not have my ir tester to hand but i was thinking a damaged leg on 2way cable? What are you thoughts? If it was a damaged cable rcd would trip tho? But it may be damaged between lives? I had mu continuity tester and nothing was showing on that

Last edited:
Well i think il IR test and if that shows ok then halogen it is? , pulling in new cables is a no no. Thanks for your responses. Il let you know how i get on.

or a snubber. going back to halogens id like the RAF replacing it's strike fighters with biplanes. get a grip. sort it out.

mmm Biplanes....the very first thing i sold on E-bay was a wooden propeller blade from a WW2 Supermarine Walrus Is that random enough for you?:willy_nilly:

Reply to 30v on 2way switch when turned off?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Would be grateful for some advice. Would like to add an additional light (Undercabinet 8W LED Batten light) to a two-way light switch...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Plasterer has been in this week and after leaving today, he left the light on in the room. I went to the room to turn the light off and saw the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone. I have fitted an extractor fan in my bathroom with an overrun timer, to start when the bathroom led lights are turned on...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock