Discuss 31st March deadline for FIT applications for systems with MCS cert issued <16th Jan in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Leeds Solar have just become aware that on 10th March DECC slipped in a Statutory Instrument that takes effect today (31st March 2016) that results in the following urgent issue.

[h=4]All existing renewable energy installations with an MCS certificate issued before 15th January 2016 must submit their Feed-In Tariff application by 31st March 2016 or they will never be able to claim any Feed-In Tariff or Export payments.[/h]We have produced a revised version of appropriate sections of the legislation including the new amendments at the bottom of this blog article, as well as a quick guide to the issue for those potentially affected.

Re: 31st March deadline for FIT applications for systems with MCS cert issued <16th J

innit.

Apparently STA mentioned this in a briefing about the original FIT cuts from December so it was obviously intended to have been part of that original legislation, but DECC just forgot to actually include it properly and then thought it was ok to just sneak it in via a new Statutory Instrument that nobody even knew about.

OFgem however hadn't put it in their guidance as far as I could see, presumably because their guidance was based on the legislation, not on stuff DECC had intended to do but forgot to actually draft into the legislation.

We work to Ofgem's guidance and the legislation, I did vaguely remember something about this from the STA document but as it wasn't mentioned by Ofgem and I couldn't see it in the legislation I'd assumed it hadn't been implemented.

Re: 31st March deadline for FIT applications for systems with MCS cert issued <16th J

Forgive me being lazy, but have you spotted anything similar for domestic or non-domestic rhi?

I've not looked, we've done that little of it in recent years.

Reply to 31st March deadline for FIT applications for systems with MCS cert issued <16th Jan in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net