Discuss 35a cooker circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nicsin02

Hi guys, I previously wired a property and the cooker circuit consisted of a 6mm fed from d/b to cooker control unit then a 6mm down to a single socket, all protected by a 32a mcb... The problem is they've now got a ceramic hob which on maximum runs at 27a and along with my single oven 8a that bring me to a total of 35a, would I need to run a seperate 6mm for the ceramic job or will the 32a be ok as I really doubt both will ever run 100%? Cheers guys

Diversity???
I don't have the curves handy but even at 35A a 32A MCB would take a substantial time to disconnect.

I've never really understood the people that have taken a vacation from here, but I truly believe that if I took a vacation from here myself, I wouldn't miss much.its the same old week in week out.
Zzzzz
well to be honest with you...i`m gettin sick of it....

same stuff from them not reading other threads on the subject..

bone-idleness .....if you ask me...

its bad enough them asking the same thing week in week out that a simple search would provide the answer for, but what makes it worse is when they say 'first post, so go easy', or they ask something then we ask for more details and they never give them, or even worse when they get an answer and don't say thanks or follow it up at all.
loads of things that annoy me on here at the moment.

Reply to 35a cooker circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have just had my kitchen redone and the kitchen rewired with a new 6mm cable installed for an electric cooker. However I have changed my mind...
Replies
Views
Howdy All, just after a 2nd opinion as i'm doubting myself. I went to a property to look at replacing the ccu, I noticed what I thought was a...
Replies
Views
I'd appreciate a quick sanity check, thanks in advance: New circuit for a 3 phase cooker, in a community centre (run by a charity). Total load...
Replies
Views
Hi all Some advice on this would be great. Due to wire a kitchen from scratch and in a pickle over the designing of the oven and hob circuits due...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Recently a mate had a new kitchen fitted, he's gone for an induction hob and pyrolytic oven, no gas at the property. At 1st fix a single...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock