Discuss 36v drill in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Chris Milne

Just wondering what 36v drills you guys use? Used to have a Bosch 36v which I found good, but have had a shot of a hilti which was excellent! Willing to spend a few quid but not sure if I can justify the price of a hilti!

Bosch for me too! Never had a problem with it and has been man-enough for all the jobs ive needed it on. Plus you get the extended warranty! Now if you've got money to burn you can always pay for the name Hilti etc ......

LOL - it's like a cross between racing for pink slips and ogling the top shelf mags!!

Some are better than others, agreed, but when it reaches a certain level the only way of knowing what tool is right for YOU is to take it for a test drive which sadly isn't the easiest of things to achieve.

I'm trying milwaukee 18v sds , 2.4 j and anything bigger il plug one in, I've used 36v loads of times and is good and worth every penny if you doing maintenance on occupied buildings= no leads at allneeded but I'm going to try milwaukee sds as everyone else has bosch 36 or 24

I'm trying milwaukee 18v sds , 2.4 j and anything bigger il plug one in, I've used 36v loads of times and is good and worth every penny if you doing maintenance on occupied buildings= no leads at allneeded but I'm going to try milwaukee sds as everyone else has bosch 36 or 24

Let me know how that goes will you ? I'm considering one myself.
I have the small milwaukee combi drill and circular saw in 18v. The small combi doesn't seem have the speed or grunt for serious brick drilling, anything more than a dozen holes and i feel like i need more power.

I have the Bosch, a bit heavy but does the Job, expensive though IMO these drills, should be about £200 new really, a rip off for what they are.

I drill away with my 18v combi too ... Yeah have cash here just waiting on my supplier to come back from milwaukee trade show in Portugal . I know it going to eat 5.5 and 6.5 holes with no probs. the 36v is 2.8j where this 18v is 2.4j

Bosch Drills are great

If you want to buy a HILTI then find out when the salesman is going to be in your area next and buy it directly from him, as the tool shops and Hire shops that sell them will add £300 onto his price as a matter of common practice....plus the vat...

As we know shops can't compete with online company's aswell, I told the guy who I want to buy off its £50 cheaper online and asked how he can make it up, I.e free hoody and bag or drill bits, cause they get free stuff, so chance your arm and try local

- - - Updated - - -

Support them

Drilling holes lol for us it's you standard 6.5mm and the odd 20mm as we do maintenance but commonly 5.5-6.5mmholes is drilled and just bounces in all day long

Reply to 36v drill in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock