Discuss 3G Mobile Signal - call me a cynic! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

mine has improved dramatically in the last 3 months. on orange, btw, which is now EE and includes t-mobile.

I'm still trying to to work out what a Singal is.
Sorry Murdoch, what can I say I'm a ........

Me too. Also on Voda, and I've noticed a lot of poorer data / 2G coming back.

I'm still trying to to work out what a Singal is.
Sorry Murdoch, what can I say I'm a ........

its the quality of string between the receivers

cupphonek.jpg

I was with Vodafone for 15 years. They weren't the cheapest, in fact they were the most expensive, but they offered the best signal. When 3G was introduced their signal seemed to get progressively worse, up to the point where I moved house last year and couldn't get a signal at all, but they were still the most expensive.

IMO having superfast internet on your mobile tablet smartphone whatever is nice, but I have a mobile telephone to make and receive telephone calls with; I reckon the networks should sort that out before they start coming up with new ways for teenagers to waste time.

I was with Vodafone for 15 years. They weren't the cheapest, in fact they were the most expensive, but they offered the best signal. When 3G was introduced their signal seemed to get progressively worse, up to the point where I moved house last year and couldn't get a signal at all, but they were still the most expensive.

IMO having superfast internet on your mobile tablet smartphone whatever is nice, but I have a mobile telephone to make and receive telephone calls with; I reckon the networks should sort that out before they start coming up with new ways for teenagers to waste time.
i left vodaphone and went to o2.

really good move, ive got a 4g phone though

Have noticed signal deteriorate, especially at home, for a while now. It amused me when people complained, they offered to sell you a device that used your internet connection, paid for by you to improve the decreased quality of service you already paid them for! Robbing barstewards!!

Have noticed signal deteriorate, especially at home, for a while now. It amused me when people complained, they offered to sell you a device that used your internet connection, paid for by you to improve the decreased quality of service you already paid them for! Robbing barstewards!!

The Vodafone one is called a sure signal. Cost £50 about 3 years ago and I've been able to make and receive calls at home ever since. My bt Bill has never been so small!

The Vodafone one is called a sure signal. Cost £50 about 3 years ago and I've been able to make and receive calls at home ever since. My bt Bill has never been so small!
I had one of those. It worked for about 5 minutes, then I tried to use my computer with my internet connection and it never worked again. Vodafone said it could well be because it won't work with Virgin Media, so I chose Sky when I moved, but it didn't work with that either.
Vodafone blamed Sky, Sky blamed Vodafone, it looked like I was supposed to open some ports on my router, but I haven't got a degree in computer science, I was naively expecting it to work for any customer who bought it.
Vodafone said Sky would open the ports for me, Sky said they wouldn't because it would compromise security.
Eventually Vodafone decided it had broken after just a few minutes use, and since it was out of warranty I could either pay to get it fixed or fork out £100 for another useless piece of their tat. Well fool me once, shame on you and all that, so I told them to shove their little flashing box of uselessness and their contract. After intimidating a few of their staff and belittling their useless ripoff excuse for a company on the internet, they gave me my fifty quid back.

I had one of those. It worked for about 5 minutes, then I tried to use my computer with my internet connection and it never worked again. Vodafone said it could well be because it won't work with Virgin Media, so I chose Sky when I moved, but it didn't work with that either.
Vodafone blamed Sky, Sky blamed Vodafone, it looked like I was supposed to open some ports on my router, but I haven't got a degree in computer science, I was naively expecting it to work for any customer who bought it.
Vodafone said Sky would open the ports for me, Sky said they wouldn't because it would compromise security.
Eventually Vodafone decided it had broken after just a few minutes use, and since it was out of warranty I could either pay to get it fixed or fork out £100 for another useless piece of their tat. Well fool me once, shame on you and all that, so I told them to shove their little flashing box of uselessness and their contract. After intimidating a few of their staff and belittling their useless ripoff excuse for a company on the internet, they gave me my fifty quid back.

Well... I've used it with Virgin and BT so no issues from my perspective!

the ports can be opened etc usually ob your router at home.

the ports are ports on your internet router

for example i know 8080 is used for standard internet traffic, its vodaphones fault for choosing the wrong port to access it on
Oh yeah I'm sure they can be opened easily enough by someone who knows what they're doing, but when I was at school computers were in black and white (well actually they were black and green).
I found out how to get into the interface for the router, went on some computer forums, downloaded a couple of programs, to simplify opening the ports (I think it was called 'simple port forwarding'), but whenever I ran the program to check what ports were open it always said the ones I needed to open weren't. I joined the Vodafone forum and made about 10 posts before they told me to go out and buy a new one.
It's not as if I just switched it on expecting it to work then had a hissy fit and launched it out the window.

Oh yeah I'm sure they can be opened easily enough by someone who knows what they're doing, but when I was at school computers were in black and white (well actually they were black and green).
I found out how to get into the interface for the router, went on some computer forums, downloaded a couple of programs, to simplify opening the ports (I think it was called 'simple port forwarding'), but whenever I ran the program to check what ports were open it always said the ones I needed to open weren't. I joined the Vodafone forum and made about 10 posts before they told me to go out and buy a new one.
It's not as if I just switched it on expecting it to work then had a hissy fit and launched it out the window.
it can be a right pain in the arse to do these things.

i know what your saying about computers, ive played around and fixed quite a few (after i broke them)

mine has improved dramatically in the last 3 months. on orange, btw, which is now EE and includes t-mobile.

I'm on Orange / EE and it's a parcel of shyte.

I've been with them 8 years with no real problem until the EE thing started then the signal level dropped and dropped calls have become the norm.

Reply to 3G Mobile Signal - call me a cynic! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net