Discuss 4 Bed newbuild North London - Tender question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi- I am about to undertake a 4 Bed newbuild in North London, for my own accomodation when finished- which is being run by a contractor on my behalf as I am not an experienced project manager. I have been wiring up my own building projects with for some time, but nothing on this scale- and last year I completed my 17th edition + Part P and inspection + testing etc- but have not yet had time to get my work inspected by the NICEIC, which I am about to join.

For this build, I'd like to find a qualified electrician + take on the job jointly, doing half of the work myself while they are present on site, to avoid the problem of asking them to sign off work that they have not seen with their own eyes, which I know can be a problem. I work to a high standard and would like to use one of the circuits in this build to gain my NICEIC competent persons status.

Wondering A) which part of this forum I can post my job on, and find the right person for the job and B) If anyone can suggest any obstaces / problems with what I'm proposing?

I am aware that I COULD do the whole thing myself and register it in adavance with building Control etc, but I want to give the contractor confidence that the job will be handled in part by an experienced sparks who can get the job done in a timely manner within the works schedule, which I'm not certain that I could do given my relative lack of regular experience on a multi-trade, fast paced build. Also waiting for local authority Buiding Control could casue a delay too.

I found the part of the forum for finding assistance/ electricians mates etc but that doesn't quite seem like the right place to post this.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

NHW

Welcome to the forum. Its nice to see this sort of post for a change normally most are gung-ho and don't appreciate what's involved. I wish you luck in finding someone to work alongside of on your project. If I was closer I would of been willing to assist you.

Reply to 4 Bed newbuild North London - Tender question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net