Discuss 4 Gang 4 Way Switching.? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

equinox

Hello there all,

Im going to be installing four lighting points in a room and it is going to need to be 2way swtiching.

Now obviously i understanding the wiring of 2way switching but if i have 4 gang and four way switch then ill end up with 4 t+e and 4 three core cables in the back of a double gang box which is going to be a bit of a nightmare. does anyone have any ideas on easier ways to wire this?

many thanks for the help

Why 2 way all the lights , why not just 2 way 1 so that 1 light will give you light for access from the 2 doors then you can switch the others on at the one switch when you require them ,may save an awful lot of time and expense installing the extra cables , unless its in the spek of course

thats a very good point nickblake. I might look into that as an option. thanks alot for all the suggestions by the way. its helped alot.

Take a feed to the first switch position, then a 3 core and cpc from this switch to each of the other switches. Then take a twin and cpc from the other switch positions up to your luminaire

Live and neutral to the first switch, Use one of the three core conductors to join the neutral and carry it to the other switch. Left with two cores for your strappers. Join neutral again at the other switch to your twin going to the luminaire. Giving you your switch live and neutral at your luminare

As diditrain says but just take 3 x 3 cores from switch 1 to switch 2.

thats 4 pairs of strappers & 1 x neutral = 9 cores.

And 45mm box.

live and neutral to the first switch, use one of the three core conductors to join the neutral and carry it to the other switch. Left with two cores for your strappers. Join neutral again at the other switch to your twin going to the luminaire. Giving you your switch live and neutral at your luminare

pmsl..............

Reply to 4 Gang 4 Way Switching.? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net