Discuss 45kw motor and generator problem in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

The relay would be more tolerant to current peaks whereas the mcb is not and that is the problem. The same goes for the BS88 fuses.

I turned the changeover time up to 10 seconds and it's been fine ever since however I have ordered a D type so will fit that for piece of mind.

I know you did westward, just didn't get the opportunity to test during operation as I had to leave the isolator in place until their busy days were over and they could afford the inconvience of it possibly tripping. Understandably it doesn't look good if it cuts out mid ride.

I think the C125 is operating right on its limit though with the regular however short current spikes so I think a D would be more suitable. The RCD is holding fine as well so all good.

Further update on this, MCB was holding fine until the colder nights set in, the MCB began to trip when transitioning to delta due to the oil viscosity, the D type was fitted and there have been no other issues.

It's such an unusual load, I was observing the display on the generator at the weekend where it was going non stop for 2-3hrs riding full, the load peaks to 132kw for a second then down to about 60kw, somtimes read minus 10Kw.

It's an interesting industry

Anyway if there was going to be an issue it wouldn't have happened that night!

Reply to 45kw motor and generator problem in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Iv been asked to wire a separator (portable to go to different farms and separate water from slurry) to a 3phase 40 kva generator. The separator...
Replies
Views
Evening all Had a problem this week which has puzzled me a bit Installed a machine last week which has 2 sides to it both doing the same operation...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am off grid, UK. There is no grid tie or connection and there is currently no potential for connection. Background: I use a Honda EU10i for...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, Your help would be appreciated. We are mainly domestic sparx so I havn't much experience with cable sizing for motors. On site, we...
Replies
Views
HI, I have a difficult to diagnose problem. I've had two qualified electricians try and sort it, but no solution yet. It is tricky...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock