Discuss 480VAC MCB & RCD required in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

freedomrun

I'm doing some electrical work for a firm that is building some equipment to be installed for a client in Canada. The minimum rating of the 3 phase MCB's and RCD's need to be minimum 480 VAC

Any names of manufacturers that provide MCB's or RCD's to operate to 480 VAC would be much appreciated Thanks in advance.

Merlin Gerin 3p cbs are rated up to 480 according to the data sheets

Thanks pete999, i'll call 'em in the morning - if anyone else has any suggestions about other manufacturers, as long as the rating is over 480 VAC, that would be fine as i'm not limited to the type of consumer unit, only needs to fit on a standard DIN Rail.

When you say 480v what exactly are we referencing here ... between lines - to earth or what?
AC - DC?
Frequency?
We need more info before even spec' any suggestions...

Surely there must be MCB's rated to 480v, what MCB's do you guys use for 180 degree split phase supplies?

ABB do some 480V Y/277V MCBs, the S200 UP range.

about page 11 in this brochure. The RCDs you will have to ask them.

Attachments

• 2CDC002052D0201.pdf
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 2
As above ABB is where i would start definatley do stuff around the 690v mark.

Marvo split phase is not all that common and generally treated as the different supplies that one. Obviously the installs I've seen have never utilised the 480v.

I'm doing some electrical work for a firm that is building some equipment to be installed for a client in Canada. The minimum rating of the 3 phase MCB's and RCD's need to be minimum 480 VAC

Any names of manufacturers that provide MCB's or RCD's to operate to 480 VAC would be much appreciated Thanks in advance.

All the major companies such as SCHNEIDER, SIEMENS, ABB etc produce protection devices that are available within the States and Canada, so it shouldn't be any problem aqt all to find/locate what you are looking for from any of these companies.... If the truth be known, most of the products data are just adjusted to suit the market norm's of the country they are selling in. I can't see them changing production lines, just to suit a requirement of a few extra volts in an odd ball market....

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Merlin Gerin and Telemecanique (one and the same I know) on 660V systems but you do have to keep an eye on the de-rated maximum permissible fault current.

I'll have a look this morning ... I really need the MCB / RCD units to state at least 480VAC on the product with the breaking capacity and so on, just to satisfy the client and anyone else inspecting that they are suitable for that voltage specified.

I know its early in the morning norcal, but I find it odd that you have commented on a post that was last dated March. If the OP hasn't found his items by now then he should give up.
I need a coffee. I'm way too grumpy.

True, it's a old post but on a new computer that am slowly rebuilding my favorites/favourites list on as I remember them. Meant to add a "Old Post Alert" as a header, but did not.

I think Schneider do a couple of ranges of MCB's and RCD's that are rated to 500v or thereabouts. We sourced some a while ago for use in a DB that had both phases of a 180 degree split-phase supply in it. I also got some extras for stock at the time so if I remember tomorrow when I'm in the stores I'll get the model numbers and post them.

Reply to 480VAC MCB & RCD required in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net