Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss 4kw & FIT rates in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. SolarRoofSols

SolarRoofSols Regular EF Member

If an installation is 4kw on the dot, will it get a 21p FIT rate or does it do down to 16.8p? We are having a discussion about it in the office and have a difference of opinion - can any one settle it please?

2. babba

babba Regular EF Member

Most DNO limit to 3.68kw... 4kw is a thing of the past...If your DNO excepts 4kw then its 21p...

3. Earthstore

Earthstore Guest

o- including 4KWp = 21p, over 4kwp (ie4.0001kw) = 16.8p.
    So does the winner or loser make the tea??

4. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

The answer is to have a look at the legislation. Sorry, do not have a link to hand, but the answer you will find is that the levels are defined as less than or equal to 4kW/10kW etc.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  5. Earthstore

Earthstore Guest

Sorry babba, but the DNO has nothing to do with the FIT, the 3.68kw as you mention is regarding G83 ( install then inform) over 3.68 is (normally) G59 apply for DNO approval, then install.

6. SolarRoofSols

Thanks but i didn't realise the DNO had anything to do with the FIT? If it were a 4Kw installation with a 4000TL under a G59 which had been pre agreed with the DNO or the same installation under a G83 if the DNO accepts it then it should be the same FIT shouldn't it?

7. GaryM

GaryM Guest

My recently registered 4kW system will earn 43.3p/kWh should the government lose their appeal at the Supreme Court or 21p/kWh if they win their appeal.

8. SolarRoofSols

Thanks Earthstore, we replied at the same time. Do you know whether the different energy companies treat 4kW differently or would they all accept the installation as a 21p FIT?

9. SolarRoofSols

That has put my mind at ease and I am glad to say that i am not making the tea!

• Like Like x 1
  10. GaryM

GaryM Guest

All the same, it's up to and including 4kWp.

11. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

They have no choice on the treatment of the levels and rates as they are defined in legislation

12. TedM

TedM Electrician's Arms

13. babba

babba Regular EF Member

Ye but cant bothered with that my DNO take 4kw under G83 and I believe it can take up to six weeks under G59 hence my 3.68kw.

Who has six weeks to wait I want them installed fast....

14. GaryM

GaryM Guest

My system is 4kWp (16 x 250kWp) yet still goes through under G83 due to the G83 compliant inverter as do many others.

15. Earthstore

Earthstore Guest

Tedm
    You never cease to amaze me.:wink_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.