Discuss 4mm 4 core SWA feeding 32amp 5 pin TPN socket in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JL_Electrical

Hi,

Just carried out a job today and it's been playing on my mind ever since. Basically I installed a 5 pin TPN socket to supply a compressor. The compressor load is 7.5kw, star delta starter. I decided to go for plug and socket arrangement because the board is close to full capacity and they can use the socket to supply a pressure washer when need be. I did the calcs using amtech and it came out as 4mm. Recommended MCB for motor came out as 20amp type C. I was going to install 6mm but wholesaler didn't have any on the shelf and I wanted to get the job out of the way today.

According to Amtech

400 V, 8m run, power factor 1, 32amp Type C MCB, Cg 1, ambient temperature 30 degrees, Ci - none

comes out at 4mm with a maximum length of 65.8m

Obviously the compressor is fused lower in the starter, however it's just playing on my mind 4mm being protected by a 32amp MCB, may change it for a 25amp but means ordering one in

Well a 3 phase circuit erected in 70c SWA clipped direct will take 33amps so not sure why it would be worrying you.

As you the compressor motor is over 0.37Kw it will have to controlled by a starter that incorporates in built overload protection

Reply to 4mm 4 core SWA feeding 32amp 5 pin TPN socket in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Got called out to wire in a compressor 11kw for a guy just rented out a new build so agreed to meet on sight. I met him there and after...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
U
Hi guys SWA feeding outside lighting and socket outlets etc. Set up like this: Single phase. L & N T&E out of MCB in main board to...
Replies
Views
pushrod
P
Afternoon Guys, I have just been to look at a 'garden' installation that has been wired by the 'gardener' ! The original instalation is a...
Replies
Views
mogga
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock