Discuss £500 for a full rewire in 3 bed property in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Was asked to check the quality of work on full rewire. Attached are the pictures I took of yet another shocking installation by a cowboy pretending to be an electrician. The home owner paid £500 and thought he got a good deal what he’s got instead is a death trap.

D5B5E072-CB39-4B80-9E25-B49ED06981CB.jpeg

A5DB4B9B-C379-43D8-8A24-5CBF44BA9C31.jpeg

4BD924BB-6625-4C04-8E21-BD889426F5A7.jpeg

643EBCA4-9190-4BF2-B835-E247B8D39A91.jpeg

5AD7D249-7662-4E19-8464-5CD0095B6CFE.jpeg

A0EC8D24-B2BB-4D36-BDED-81F6B75AD27E.jpeg

7159248E-DCFA-4F33-8480-FAB6E18B7671.jpeg

81AA4A8E-2A3A-4896-8695-E58EE8BCFB61.jpeg

D30AB879-3EFC-4366-BC8D-6884C8E92EF2.jpeg

3955738E-B6A8-49CC-855E-7B71C0A2B579.jpeg

I'm not saying this is the case here but the worst workmanship I've ever seen was done by a Romanian "sparky".

Be interested the know the nationality of the chap that did this....

Appalling workmanship aside,I’d be concerned that all the materials are actually stolen as well cos I can’t see how at £500 he could make any money on that? Assuming he’s had a stab at the Cu as well......

I think the person that did this, is the sort of person who thinks "well it works, therefore I am an Electrician" seen loads of carp like this on my many trips overseas working with local Lads, supplied by the management as Electricians, because they say they are. A lash up of the highest order, the man with no name would be proud of this.

Another case of a poorly educated customer suckered into a cowboys trap. I find it very difficult to imagine that he made much from the “rewire” at that price.
I’d be issuing an electrical danger notification and as buzz said, isolating the main switch telling the customer that the entire installation was a death trap. I wouldn’t even waste my time trying to do an EICR on that.
IMHO the only way forward is another rewire done properly, it would probably be quicker and more cost effective than actually trying to fix that mess. It is a shame for the occupant that this has happened but really £500 for a whole rewire? You couldn’t even buy a new iphone for that what were they thinking when they said yes?:rolleyes:
Also If that’s what you’ve seen so far I’d be worried as to what other nasties are lurking elsewhere hidden away as well.

Reply to £500 for a full rewire in 3 bed property in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net