Discuss 50A, Single Phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We need to hook up a 110v, single phase, 50A fryer to a 100A, 110v/220v, single phase panel. A few flourescents will be on during the fryer's operation, but not much else. Will this cause any sort of unbalanced load? (110v, single phase, 50A - it's all we could get at the moment)

Hi Bob
Note that this is a UK forum with mostly UK-based contributors. We don't use the 110/220V single phase system here, so this problem will be unfamiliar to some.

It doesn't sound like a serious problem to me. Obviously the fryer uses up half the capacity of one leg (instead of a quarter of the capacity of each) which would be awkward if the panel were heavily loaded with 220V loads needing to share that leg. But if there isn't much other load, it's not so important.

Balancing the load on a split supply is not really a big issue !
So long as your neutral is good and solid, you will be fine.
P.S. where are you ? obviously not in the UK ?
UK does not use 120v or split supplies.

it seems he is in Canada !
Have you tried DIY chatroom or Electrician talk
they are based in USA.

Reply to 50A, Single Phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views
hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, We have a CNC router which uses single phase for the spindle, stepper motors and control box. This is all wired in and working...
Replies
Views
Good morning, So I’m working on an existing 3 phase solar system and the customer wants a way to use the huge mass of exported solar on their...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock