Discuss 514.9.1 diagrams and documentation when worked on part of install? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

1Justin

-
Arms
Reaction score
514.9.1 Diagrams and documentation.

What is the best thing to do having worked on just part of an installation (domestic?)

Example:
Say I remove, change and replace a lighting circuit. Then I add 2 new circuits into empty slots in DB.
So there are 3 new circuits, one of them taking the place of a removed old circuit.
Say previous electrician left a laminated EIC to satisfy 514.9.1.

Do I:

A) Provide diagram/chart/table only for the three new circuits to add to the existing one (thus rendering the existing diagram/chart/table from previous electrician partly wrong because I have removed and replaced one of the circuits).

B) Provide diagram/chart/table for the whole installation by transcribing information from existing diagram/chart even on those circuits I haven't actually worked on? (Remembering that existing diagram isn't necessarily correct anyway because it's not my work, and I haven't charged the customer to spend time making detailed checks of untouched circuits).

C) Something else?

more A. you do a EIC for the work you have done. this cert. is put with the previous cert. and shows that additional work has been done. no need to test/certificate part of the installation you have not altered.

Hi telectrix. That was what I prepared.
I guess I read "the type and composition of each circuit" and began then to think I needed to show the whole thing in one place.

I guess not

Thanks

514.9.1 Diagrams and documentation.

What is the best thing to do having worked on just part of an installation (domestic?)

Example:
Say I remove, change and replace a lighting circuit. Then I add 2 new circuits into empty slots in DB.
So there are 3 new circuits, one of them taking the place of a removed old circuit.
Say previous electrician left a laminated EIC to satisfy 514.9.1.

Do I:

A) Provide diagram/chart/table only for the three new circuits to add to the existing one (thus rendering the existing diagram/chart/table from previous electrician partly wrong because I have removed and replaced one of the circuits).

B) Provide diagram/chart/table for the whole installation by transcribing information from existing diagram/chart even on those circuits I haven't actually worked on? (Remembering that existing diagram isn't necessarily correct anyway because it's not my work, and I haven't charged the customer to spend time making detailed checks of untouched circuits).

C) Something else?

A is your Answer just note the old circuit you replaced along with new circuits

justin.....you noteify/certify work YOU have done mate.....i often do a Ze before starting any work.....just to satisfy myself that theres still a relyable earthing arrangement to the property......

Reply to 514.9.1 diagrams and documentation when worked on part of install? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net