Discuss 5kw wind turbine in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

llywelyn111

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a 5KW wind turbine, I have 1.5 acre garden but the nearest house is 95meters away. Does anyone know what councils need for a minimum distance as a rule? The average wind speed in my area is 7.2 which is very good for turbines apparently. Anyone in the turbine sector here?

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a 5KW wind turbine, I have 1.5 acre garden but the nearest house is 95meters away. Does anyone know what councils need for a minimum distance as a rule? The average wind speed in my area is 7.2 which is very good for turbines apparently. Anyone in the turbine sector here?

give your local planning dept a call they will give you info you need

in scotland it is 90 meters so you may be touch and go but there has been a lot of planning changes recently you need to speak to council planning to make sure.

Its also to do with the noise levels experienced at the nearest residence.
The Evance R9000 turbine (5kW) class leader is generally fine 80+M from the closest residence. At that wind speed you have a good, profitable wind resource.
We are in the sector and deal with Evance so get in contact if you would like more info, including costings etc.

Thanks
Jim

Hi,

Don't, they are a BLOT on the Landscape, with a potential Load Factor of about 30%.
Probably also feather some Foreign suppliers Nest

Don't, they are a BLOT on the Landscape, with a potential Load Factor of about 30%.
Probably also feather some Foreign suppliers Nest
bet there were people saying that about the viaducts on the settle - carlisle line when they were being built, and the dry stone walls up the moors around them as well, and as for them telegraph poles.......

Yes maybe but they served a usefull purpose, and where not being supplemented by extortianate GREEN TAXES.
These TAXES being applied to everyones energy bill.
By the way I do work at a Nuclear Power Station at Heysham which our site supplies 6% of the ENERGY OF THE COUNTRY

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes maybe but they served a usefull purpose, and where not being supplemented by extortianate GREEN TAXES.
By the way I do work at a Nuclear Power Station at Heysham which our site supplies 6% of the ENERGY OF THE COUNTRY

Seeing as I'm paying for them then, I might as well get one :)
Better than paying £120 a month to Scottish Power for my electric, when you live 16 miles form the nearest gas main heating a large converted church isn't cheap.

Spoke to the council and they can't really see a issue and have spoken to the house nearest me and they have no problem as they want to build a large extension to their house.

So another "BLOT" on the landscape :) Unlike power stations that blend in perfectly with the area ;-)

Wind turbines do serve a useful purpose and they are around about 4 billion percent more attractive than a Nuclear Power plant.

Incidentally, these are not paid for by taxes. They are paid for by a subsidy from the energy companies, which may or may not increase your electricity bill.

Figures from Germany suggest that they actually DECREASE your electricity bill. Cheaper bills and cleaner energy? Who, apart from someone that works for an energy company, could complain about that?

The ignorance of some folk when it comes to green energy still surprises me. You would think that with all the literature around intelligent people would know better. I spoke to someone the other day about the Tariff on my electricity generation from my solar panels and they thought it was costing them as a household about £100 extra a year! (its actually about £1 year) Somehow they had missed all the detail about how the wholesale price of electricity had risen significantly over the last few years due to the rise in cost of fossil fuels and ofcourse the massive cost assocciated with dealing with the long term effects of Nuclear.

ah, you mean the industry that needed £2.8 billion in subsidies last year from the tax payer to cover it's waste disposal and decommissioning liabilities?

The industry that needs the government to underwrite it's insurance liabilities because nobody else will insure you?

The industry that promised electricity too cheap to meter, then erm still can't seem to build new power stations without state subsidies 60 years later?

The industry that needed 2GW of pump storage capacity to be built at vast expense in order to buffer the peaks and troughs in demand vs nuclear supply that nuclear can't cope with by itself?

The industry who's latest generation plants are several times over budget, and several years behind schedule?

That nuclear industry?

something about glass houses springs to mind.

Quote from Fine Wine
The ignorance of some folk when it comes to green energy still surprises me. You would think that with all the literature around intelligent people would know better. I spoke to someone the other day about the Tariff on my electricity generation from my solar panels and they thought it was costing them as a household about £100 extra a year! (its actually about £1 year) Somehow they had missed all the detail about how the wholesale price of electricity had risen significantly over the last few years due to the rise in cost of fossil fuels and ofcourse the massive cost assocciated with dealing with the long term effects of Nuclear.

So you are now calling me ignorant ARE YOU JUST BECAUSE I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. I will let you know that I've worked in the NUCLEAR INDUSTRY (A GREEN PREODUCT) for over 30Years after completing College and University Qualifications, and my views on Wind Technology still stands that they are NOT for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are now calling me ignorant ARE YOU JUST BECAUSE I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. I will let you know that I've worked in the NUCLEAR INDUSTRY (A GREEN PREODUCT) for over 30Years after completing College and University Qualifications, and my views on Wind Technology still stands that they are NOT for the future.

Okay, what is for the future? Nuclear? With the problems of disposal, peak Uranium and potentially catastrophic disasters.

If the human race could sort ourselves out we could power everything we need using renewable energy. We're just too busy killing each other and accumulating wealth.

[/So you are now calling me ignorant ARE YOU JUST BECAUSE I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. I will let you know that I've worked in the NUCLEAR INDUSTRY (A GREEN PREODUCT) for over 30Years after completing College and University Qualifications, and my views on Wind Technology still stands that they are NOT for the future. QUOTE]

I would think that refers to your knowledge of renewable energy. I'm surprised ti escaped you.

As for the linking of nuclear to green. It may well be a low/zero carbon emitter but how does that make it green?

Reply to 5kw wind turbine in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock