Discuss 6 3kw table top ovens and hobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys some help required!! My sister runs a centre and has bought 5 x 3kw table top combined oven and hobs they are supplied with plugs which cant be removed as that will invalidate the warrentys. There are 3 spare slots on the consumer unit how can she safely run all 5 appliances. she says when in use the oven and hobs will be in use so will be running at full pelt. She had a spark in who suggested running 3 4mm circuits to serve the appliances. But just by browsing these forums and looking what you guys say I'm a little worried. Someone mentioned anything 3kw or above should have it's own circuit??

Hi guys some help required!! My sister runs a centre and has bought 5 x 3kw table top combined oven and hobs they are supplied with plugs which cant be removed as that will invalidate the warrentys. There are 3 spare slots on the consumer unit how can she safely run all 5 appliances. she says when in use the oven and hobs will be in use so will be running at full pelt. She had a spark in who suggested running 3 4mm circuits to serve the appliances. But just by browsing these forums and looking what you guys say I'm a little worried. Someone mentioned anything 3kw or above should have it's own circuit??

But this is what has been suggested no ? Separate circuit for each appliance ?

Hi - This is a big(ish) new load so it will also depend on the existing installation loads - hot water, central heating, existing cookers etc. So you definitely need @Murdoch to visit :) .

nothing to stop an electrician putting 2 of these appliances on a 32A or a 40A circuit run in 6.0mm cable. as they are fixed loads. overload protection is by the BS1362'sin the plug tops.diversity will also apply.

Hi guys some help required!! My sister runs a centre and has bought 5 x 3kw table top combined oven and hobs they are supplied with plugs which cant be removed as that will invalidate the warrentys.

Out of curiosity, what is the make/model, only very few manufactures state the above?

Well OP said 6 in his title and 5 in his question. Then when on to make things clear as mud. A picture or link would have helped. What do the manufacturers instructions say?

Well OP said 6 in his title and 5 in his question. Then when on to make things clear as mud. A picture or link would have helped. What do the manufacturers instructions say?

upload_2018-6-2_10-22-49.jpeg

Reply to 6 3kw table top ovens and hobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net