Discuss 60 Hz at 0 volts? :( in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

keynotez

Hello folks! I'm just a newbie here. I'm just confused where did the 60 Hz came from even at 0 volts on the line. I have a data gathering at a generator set using a HIOKI power analyzer. When the generator shuts down, of course the voltage at the lines are zero and the frequency MUST be also zero, am I right? I'm really confused that right after it reaches a low frequency (e.i. 35 Hz at 0 volts), it will now rise to 60 Hz all through out the recording period. Where did that 60 Hz came from? Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Hz relate directly to rotation, so if the generator has stopped theres no Hz, maybe you analiser's up the creek. And the normal uk supply is 50Hz.

The analyzer can be supplied by 50/60 Hz. Is there no other reasons why it came up that way? :(
I need badly the results but because of that error. I'm getting more pressured...

Tony, you may be right. I'll check if there was a base frequency setting. But as far as I could remember and on reading the manual, the frequency reading will be set on either Line 1, 2 or 3. But anyway, I would still check on the instrument if there was base frequency setting. Thanks a lot Sir! I feel better now...

Reply to 60 Hz at 0 volts? :( in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone my name is Tarek, i work as a concert and show lighting operator with over 20 years of experience in this field, so i have gained...
Replies
Views
S
I'm considering buying a used petrol generator but there seems to be some confusion as to what the output frequency is, 50 or 60 Hz. Is there...
Replies
Views
starcott
S
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
K
Hi Folks! Wanna ask some help. I have a KOMATSU Generator with capacity of 350KVA, 220V, 3phase. When I was recording the data from a HOIKI power...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
O
Hi, this is the first time i've posted on here but could do with a little advice. I appologise in advance as its a long post, but I want to give...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock