Discuss 600M Electrical feed to farm house underground. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Even on a cursory 80A guesstimate I get 240mm² so I guess the Tx method as suggested by @davesparks or DNO supply.

Now you have just gone and spoiled it for everyone.. The OP will never come back now... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

With the size and length of supply you mentioned the cable costs will be horrific, it will possible need to be parallel cable fed. I'd be looking at either getting the DNO to extend their MV network closer or Davesparks suggestion of stepping up to just below 1kV at the source end and down again at the destination.

How about using 'wireless power transfer'.....

In far-field or radiative techniques, also called power beaming, power is transferred by beams of electromagnetic radiation, like microwaves or laser beams. These techniques can transport energy longer distances but must be aimed at the receiver.

Sounds simple and will sort out all future shed/garage/farm house power issues...:)
100A over 600 meters is no problem now...

Hey @steve eastick
We know you’ve been looking at the responses very recently. (it’s on your profile!)

Give us your thoughts, or we’ll get bored and go to the pub.
Look, just say if you think you’ve bitten off more than you can chew. I think we’d prefer a honest update. Cheers.

Hey @steve eastick
We know you’ve been looking at the responses very recently. (it’s on your profile!)

Give us your thoughts, or we’ll get bored and go to the pub.
Look, just say if you think you’ve bitten off more than you can chew. I think we’d prefer a honest update. Cheers.

Now he's seen my post #25 he has his answer.. He will never be back...

I also get 240mm,
Complete supposition and guesswork.
I have done a calculation and get 2.5mm cable.
Mind you, I assumed a single 3watt led marker light as the load.

Unless we are told Ib then there is NO point in wasting your calculator batteries.

Complete supposition and guesswork.
I have done a calculation and get 2.5mm cable.
Mind you, I assumed a single 3watt led marker light as the load.

Unless we are told Ib then there is NO point in wasting your calculator batteries.
Take a guess, I went with 40a, what's the point in going to the bother of this near half mile otherwise

Ok thanks for the constructive and some not so constructive posts.
My initial thought was to get the electricity provider to supply and meter direct to the property and not 600M away. When I questioned the customer it was down to cost. He was quoted 58k for a supply direct.
I am greatful for all who posted in answer to my post.

Reply to 600M Electrical feed to farm house underground. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock