Discuss 61 days in prison for killing someone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

It won't change anything but if that had happened to my son then I would be in for a lot longer, hopefully "Dead Man Walking"

i feel for the bereaved of that guy, but in these news stories, you only see one side. it may be that the driver was drunk/uninsured/stupid, or could be he was just a regular guy made a mistake and panicked. might not even have been his fault. we don't know the whole story, so cannot judge.

i, myself, over the years, have been in collision with 3 children. each time it was the child running out from behind a van, a bus, and a car. on all 3 occasions, i have had my vehicle impounded and given a thorough inspection by police vehicle inspectors. every time, nothing was at fault with the vehicle/s, no blame was attached to me. luckily, partly due to my braking reactions at each time, none of the kids was seriously injured, but in total i lost a weeks wages plus taxi fares to recover vehicles. the parents that let their kids loose whilst gossiping did not pay a farthing towards my losses, even though 1 of them tried to sue. a counter claim by me was met by " the respondent is on benefit, so you've not got a hope in hell".

Last edited:
Think this instance is completely different to your examples, telectrix.

I recall my own son, cycling down to his nearby cousins house on the footpath, when he was about 10. It was on residential estate, but he cycled across the road without looking, and he collided with a car in the road. My son was uninjured just shook up, but he damaged the guys car.

Guy insisted on calling the cops, breathalysed (negative) etc, and was really concerned about my son. I wasn't at home, but brother-in-law asked for his details, so we could pay for the damage. But he refused, just said he was glad kid was ok. Just shows how decent some people are.

Edit; the petition is for the driver who left the scene of accident, not the deaths of the two kids, just for clarity.

Last edited:
i feel for the bereaved of that guy, but in these news stories, you only see one side. it may be that the driver was drunk/uninsured/stupid, or could be he was just a regular guy made a mistake and panicked. might not even have been his fault. we don't know the whole story, so cannot judge.

i, myself, over the years, have been in collision with 3 children. each time it was the child running out from behind a van, a bus, and a car. on all 3 occasions, i have had my vehicle impounded and given a thorough inspection by police vehicle inspectors. every time, nothing was at fault with the vehicle/s, no blame was attached to me. luckily, partly due to my braking reactions at each time, none of the kids was seriously injured, but in total i lost a weeks wages plus taxi fares to recover vehicles. the parents that let their kids loose whilst gossiping did not pay a farthing towards my losses, even though 1 of them tried to sue. a counter claim by me was met by " the respondent is on benefit, so you've not got a hope in hell".
That is a horrible position to be in, same thing happened to me years back in Parsons Green as a child ran out from his Mothers hand to his Dad on the other side of the road where I would normally drive at 30 but was doing 20 I braked, swerved and nearly hit the guy coming in the opposite direction but he had seen what had happened and also braked, missed the kid by about an inch, he was only about two or three and I was in a Jag so low bonnet that would have caught his head, its been about 14 years but I still think about it from time to time.

agree with both above posts, it's awful when any one, esp.a kid, gets killed or injured in a RTA, but the emphasis is always to blame the driver. i can't count the times tat i've seen when women push prams and push chairs across a pelican crossing when the lights are on "don't cross".

agree with both above posts, it's awful when any one, esp.a kid, gets killed or injured in a RTA, but the emphasis is always to blame the driver. i can't count the times tat i've seen when women push prams and push chairs across a pelican crossing when the lights are on "don't cross".
Chatting on a mobile phone I bet as well, I did see something a fe years back, women with pushchair on the pavement going around a bend whilst on the phone and the front wheel caught the kerb to the grassed area, kid wasn't secured and face palmed the pavement........

when it's not the drivers fault then of course they shouldn't be prosecuted but the driving laws for when people hit and run like this and kill people though bad driving they get away with sweet f all

when it's not the drivers fault then of course they shouldn't be prosecuted but the driving laws for when people hit and run like this and kill people though bad driving they get away with sweet f all
i agree, but the police attitude is that it's always the driver's fault unless proven otherwise. never ever have i seen a pedestrian breathalysed after an accident. what happened to innocent till proven guilty?

Got to watch these snap,internet petitions. Remember the dude "helping" victims,at the Manchester arena bombing?

Big internet fund started,because he was homeless...

Guess where he is now? (where he should be)

Sometimes,you have to be in a court,to hear ALL the evidence,which does not always mean,a satisfactory result :rolleyes:

This petition is about trying increase the maximum sentence of 6 months, for failing to stop at a scene of an injury accident.

The actual incident took place at around 7.10am. Whether the deceased was partly to blame for his demise is immaterial. The driver of the vehicle should have stopped; the windscreen of his van was smashed, so it would have been obvious he had been involved in a collision. The driver was only apprehended, when the damaged vehicle was located and traced to the offender as the driver.

Any how, this has bumped this thread to the top again. More signatures, would be nice.

i agree, but the police attitude is that it's always the driver's fault unless proven otherwise. never ever have i seen a pedestrian breathalysed after an accident. what happened to innocent till proven guilty?
I have experienced this as a woman walked in to the passenger side A pillar of my car (she ended up in hospital with a broken collar bone) but I was turning in to a road just of Lower Regents Street many years ago and it was totally her fault as she just stepped off the pavement yacking to a friend, I was put under caution by the Police an was worrying whilst on holiday as what would happen to me to arrive home and a letter stating that no charges will be pressed,

Reply to 61 days in prison for killing someone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net