Discuss £65 for PIR test and Inspect in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Well guys, what do you say?

Not saying i can do it, but what ive been ask to be looking at doing it for.!
Basically this is for on most occasions for a one bed flat or even studio flat. Electric Hob and oven, sometimes shower basic spec lights. av. amount sockets. sometimes elec heaters on own circuit.

I cannot see how someone can do at this price. But they are. and i know of them as being a good sparks. ! There work is really good quality, high standard and all Elecsa registered.

They cannot be doing much more than just a VIR for that money.

Choosing a contractor to do this type of work based on price alone is a dangerous practice for any organisation or landlord. There is case history where prosecutions have been made for this type of thing. One of the best known was a chemical plant in Skelmersdale or the Wirrel, can't remember the name, if it comes to me I'll edit it in.

i don't get involved at this level, which is probably why I don't do too many PIRs, but those I do are thorough.

Imo this is tactic to get your foot in the door. Have a quick look, quick test, if everything looks ok its money in the bank (small amount but its still money). Of course 9 times out of 10 your going to find something wrong and that's where the salesman comes into it pushing to do work to bring it up to standards. This work may well be needed so not really a con method, but a lot of people are holding back on work that needs doing and some sparks are offering the cheap PIR to find work. Long as they are not cowboys/con men I can't see a problem apart from how good the PIR is in the first place?

Well guys, what do you say?

Not saying i can do it, but what ive been ask to be looking at doing it for.!
Basically this is for on most occasions for a one bed flat or even studio flat. Electric Hob and oven, sometimes shower basic spec lights. av. amount sockets. sometimes elec heaters on own circuit.

I cannot see how someone can do at this price. But they are. and i know of them as being a good sparks. ! There work is really good quality, high standard and all Elecsa registered.

For this price I can't believe that their work is of good quality etc. At £65.00, even for a 1 bed flat, I wouldn't do it

Reply to £65 for PIR test and Inspect in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net