Discuss 6mm 32A radial to supply 2 3.65kw 16a ovens in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Bellendian

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi,

Doing wiring for a kitchen co. Done plenty of these recently, but we've been doing all wiring from scratch and have just run 16a radials direct from board.
In this instance it's a ballache to run back to board, and I've got a perfectly decent 6mm cable from board to oven location.
I'm planning on putting a 2 way enclosure in cupboard above ovens, with 2 b16 breakers inside, then running 2.5 to switches and flex outlets for ovens.
Any other ideas? I'm wondering if I can just bin the 2 way and mcbs since I only really need short cct protection, but a bit uncomfortable around 2.5mm on a 32a radial.

Cheers

And if you were to use 2.5mm 3 core flex from that dual cooker outlet, you'd have the same size cpc for all cables (2.5mm).

Cheers, I considered that option, used them before when going from the old cooker to built in oven plus hob scenario. In this case, appliances are Neff, and I know from experience that supplied leads will be to short to both get to one outlet. So that means I will require 2 separate outlets, just need to work out how in the easiest yet compliant way!

2.5mm T&E is protected with a 32A MCB on radials from RFCs so as you say, short circuit protection is covered and overload is not possible from the 2 fixed loads.

What I would be considering, is if the internal wiring of the oven is suitibly protected by the 32A MCB and/or any internal protection within the oven. This is somwthing which ive never managed to find muxh info on, in terms of who's responibility is is to work that oit, and what rules are in place for the design of such appliences. Can anyone shed and light?

2.5mm T&E is protected with a 32A MCB on radials from RFCs so as you say, short circuit protection is covered and overload is not possible from the 2 fixed loads.

What I would be considering, is if the internal wiring of the oven is suitibly protected by the 32A MCB and/or any internal protection within the oven. This is somwthing which ive never managed to find muxh info on, in terms of who's responibility is is to work that oit, and what rules are in place for the design of such appliences. Can anyone shed and light?
And if you were to use 2.5mm 3 core flex from that dual cooker outlet, you'd have the same size cpc for all cables (2.5mm).
What size cpc is on the flex? and what size is the cpc on the 2.5mm2 TWE?

Hi Pete - just for fun really the T&E is 2.5 / 1.5 but the flex will have 3 by 2.5mm conductors. Makes no real difference to the loop impedance, but it feels nice to have a 2.5mm conductor for the cpc :) .

These particular ovens come with a plug in flex, plug is on oven end, like a kettle plug, but slightly different and clicks into place, pretty sure its 3 core 1.5mm2
Instructions call for 16a supply, but dont really say if this is the min rating required, or max allowed breaker size. For the sake of less than 20quid all in, I think I'll fit the 16A breakers in a europa 2g metal enclosure.

Reply to 6mm 32A radial to supply 2 3.65kw 16a ovens in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock