Discuss 8kw Shower.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just suppose you did a rewire, you did all the calcs and derated the cable accordingly and have the paperwork to prove it.Everything is fine and tests out perfectly so you cert it, money changes hands and everyone is happy.
Then some muppet comes along and dumps 200 mm of tickly wool all over it which causes the cable to heat up and eventually starts a fire.
Who is going to be held responsible? Certainly not you imho, you have done your job correctly and can prove it. What I think the problem is is that companys have sprung up out of nowhere supplying insulation all paid for by the government. If they are not aware of the effect of their product or are unable/unwilling to train their monkeys oops sorry I meant installers then it's their look out not ours.

Quite right Trev we can only do our best on the day.
One thing more electricians should use is the digital camera. After every install take a few photographs. It's free and archive them just incase. This has helped me a few times with damaged sockets and paintwork.

Reply to 8kw Shower.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, A few months ago we had a Triton Martinique 8.5kw shower installed. We've noticed that the temperature seemed quite low. Its what I'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a customer who wants a 10.5 kW shower installed in his bathroom. As it happens he already has two unused 4mm T&E cables run from the...
Replies
Views
At a bread and butter job, loose socket, socket not working, change two lights. Sticking out rather like a sore thumb was this (I removed the wire...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm being tasked with installing an electric shower into a property that was built back in the 1980's. The main consumer unit has only 4 ways...
Replies
Views
Hi, Same project as detailed in my other post (I want to run shower cables to the CU whilst the kitchen ceiling is disturbed). I'm going to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock