Discuss 9.5kw shower 6mm cable in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all I’m about to fit a new cu client has bought a new shower 9.5kw but his cable is only 6mm as all certs will be included what fuse should I put it on if any or should I recommend lower shower or bigger cable 10mm the problem being I don’t think they want the inconvenience of running new cable.new board going in so red protection not a problem but manual says 40A required any advice would be appreciated thanks

Chase in wall from cu to first floor then not sure, not been in loft yet so I can’t confirm if it goes straight up or goes under the floorboards and then up,and there’s me thinking Thursday is going to be a nice day

Reply to 9.5kw shower 6mm cable in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am changing the electric shower in a bathroom refurbishment (my own) and just wanted to ask about the mcb rating. The existing shower was...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
I've been asked to change few double sockets, but not keen on touching after seeing 6mm cable, so did a bit of checking as can see the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Ive been in and out of a huge house rewiring as the renovate it for a year of so. Every is thing done and dusted except the downstairs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock