Discuss A blast from the past, for some maybe in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I remember them well. I used to love making models. Usually of ww2 tanks.
My missus got me an Airfix 1:72 Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress and paints for xmas. I've nearly finished it.

Going to need some pictures of that when it's finished.

I didn't even know it was still around!

This is what i have up to now.

A blast from the past, for some maybe 20190327_092112~2 - EletriciansForums.net

It's been quite a few years since I last done one..
The engine is made up off all small bits, then covered with the external bit... Crazy I know, but the missus says I know it's there.. :)
There are seats and stuff in the inside.

Just googled and found a shop that sells airfix not too far from my apartment in Germany.

Think i'll have a pop in this weekend.

I still need to paint more of mine.

A blast from the past, for some maybe 20190327_100612~2 - EletriciansForums.net

Just googled and found a shop that sells airfix not too far from my apartment in Germany.

Think i'll have a pop in this weekend.

Go for it mate.

The smell of enamel paint and the glue that was supplied will certainly bring back some childhood memories.

Although I doubt the glue is still as potent as is once was?

They do these now. A lot better than the tubes I used to use.
A blast from the past, for some maybe upload_2019-3-27_11-1-9 - EletriciansForums.net

They would always fold up on me, I could never, unless they were large ones, get them to work.

I've been luck up to now. All worked fine. The model I have has 3 very small text ones per bomb.

Never really got into the glue-together models, I always preferred Meccano,
i used to do a lot of them when i was a lad and lost quite a collection when i was 14 (our old house burned down from a lightning strike, hit the power lines and blew out the panels)
have some i want to get yet (mostly naval ships)

They would always fold up on me, I could never, unless they were large ones, get them to work.

It was a skill in itself was that. The best way was to lift them up with a craft knife blade, and apply them flat with a damp paintbrush.

But yeah, I had loads break and fold on me.

It was a skill in itself was that. The best way was to lift them up with a craft knife blade, and apply them flat with a damp paintbrush.

But yeah, I had loads break and fold on me.

I mean, the last time I remember doing one I was maybe 10 or 11 years old. An I was more excited by the building then proceeding to break it playing with the thing.

Still, I guess we will see if age is a factor, I will be treating myself to one this weekend.

I guess the CEO wouldn't be too happy if I programmed one of our robot arms to fly it around!

I mean, the last time I remember doing one I was maybe 10 or 11 years old. An I was more excited by the building then proceeding to break it playing with the thing.

Still, I guess we will see if age is a factor, I will be treating myself to one this weekend.

I guess the CEO wouldn't be too happy if I programmed one of our robot arms to fly it around!

Yeah I'll have been about 13 when I gave them up.

Haha, now I'm imagining a robot arm zooming a plane around with a speech synthesiser saying "neeeeoooooowwm" in a robotic voice.

Go for it. What are you going to get?

Reply to A blast from the past, for some maybe in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock